The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I know what you mean, but Lib Dem have been saying for some time they support rejoining the EU. That’s the extreme opposite end of where the Tories are currently at.

Would they just completely abandon it and go along with a party digging deeper and deeper into a rift with the EU?

It's fine right now to have that stance. I think it might be tricky as part of a manifesto pledge to rejoin the EU. It would be better to say closer ties with the EU etc..

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Could a majority government change the election system away from first past the post? That would start off a cycle of the Tories changing it back the moment they were in power. 

They wouldn't get back to power, they'd always if in government have to share power with another party who would never agree to that because as a lesser player FPTP would not suit them

So that really wouldn't happen

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

They wouldn't get back to power, they'd always if in government have to share power with another party who would never agree to that because as a lesser player FPTP would not suit them

So that really wouldn't happen

Good point. I think coalition governments work for stability and the idea that a minority popular vote can grant such a large majority isn't very democratic. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Thing is, it's pretty likely that she went to the trouble of researching enough to be able to refer to Wilkinson's drop goal. I don't follow rugby of any flavour, and I know that there was a goal scored by him in a world cup final a number of years back but I'd have never been able to specify which year. So in this case, not only has she researched something to say, she's researched entirely the wrong sport.

And whenever she's asked about one of these gaffs, it's always because of her dyslexia rather than her being certifiably thick as pig shit.

54 minutes ago, Genie said:

I know what you mean, but Lib Dem have been saying for some time they support rejoining the EU. That’s the extreme opposite end of where the Tories are currently at.

Would they just completely abandon it and go along with a party digging deeper and deeper into a rift with the EU?

Let me just go back and check for any similar examples of LibDem pledges utterly reversed in recent political history that we could form an opinion from…

…yep, yep they absolutely would. In a heartbeat.

So the story is Gavin Williamson caught Boris getting a blowie from Carrie whilst his wife at the time was receiving cancer treatment.

Williamson keeps quiet about it in return for a knighthood.

Now he is a sir he’s leaked the story?

49 minutes ago, Genie said:

Not even his first offence either

The S*n

After which he was described as "a pound-shop Harvey Weinstein". And was then put back in Government 

Then again, if being a grubby little sex-pest was a bar to Government, they probably wouldn't have enough MPs to be able to form one.

So needs must I suppose.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 3

I was having a scout through social media comments on the story, so many of them “they are all at it in labour and lib dems too”. 

It’s clearly the Tory defence mechanism. 

Edited by Genie

On 23/06/2022 at 10:03, Wainy316 said:

Well yeah, I was kind of joking suggesting they have another 77 wrong'uns in their ranks, but it's probably not far from the truth.

76 to go

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Ha you have more faith in the people of Tamworth as a collective than I do 

Yeah, it’s a slim hope.

Sadly, a lot of people in Tamworth seem to be going with “they’re all at it” to play it down.

Edited by Genie

Â