The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Cameron won the election and promised a referendum which had the double edged effect of calming the throbby faction and prevented more votes leaking to UKIP. Cameron won the election and this saved the party from splitting in two

And he was confident that Remain would win the referendum. 

• Like 2

Just now, mjmooney said:

And he was confident that Remain would win the referendum. 

Yes exactly, he chose his side based on what it would do for his image once the referendum was lost, so he could become leader. It didn't quite work out as he planned (Gove famously knifing him in the back) but he got there eventually and what a clusterf*** he's made of it

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes. He's not even the worst PM in the last ten years. 

I don’t know, at least May and Cameron, whilst evil were at least vaguely competent at they job. If your going to get shafted, you might as well get it done properly rather than by someone who doesn’t know his a**e from his elbow.

14 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Despicable party. If you could have 3 minutes in the ring with any of them, who would you like to slap, I'm having JRM, Gove, Bunter, Prati Patel and that blonde bird with no brain.

I think I'd step in to the ring tooled up like the below (minus the muscles and the hair) and take all 359 of them out just to be on the safe side. 

Guns of First Blood (1982) | Range 365

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

I don’t know, at least May and Cameron, whilst evil were at least vaguely competent at they job. If your going to get shafted, you might as well get it done properly rather than by someone who doesn’t know his a**e from his elbow.

Cameron took us out of the European Union with the referendum. That will do more damage to this country in the long term than Johnson will ever manage.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

I think that's exactly 180 degrees from the truth. If you're going to get shafted, you want it to be by somebody who is incompetent, impatient, preoccupied and easily distracted.

None of which is to say that I think Cameron in particular was 'competent', because I very much don't think that. But he did have a clear ideological plan for the country, and he was able to execute it with far far worse long-term effects for the country than anything Johnson is up to.

24 minutes ago, bickster said:

Cameron took us out of the European Union with the referendum. That will do more damage to this country in the long term than Johnson will ever manage.

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think that's exactly 180 degrees from the truth. If you're going to get shafted, you want it to be by somebody who is incompetent, impatient, preoccupied and easily distracted.

None of which is to say that I think Cameron in particular was 'competent', because I very much don't think that. But he did have a clear ideological plan for the country, and he was able to execute it with far far worse long-term effects for the country than anything Johnson is up to.

You both have points. Maybe my innate hatred of Johnson has clouded my mind but it just utterly infuriates me how much he gets away with and not have any consequences for it. 

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I agree Cameron was incompetent (as well as lazy, complacent...etc). But I don't agree that he had a clear ideological plan for the Country or was able to execute it. I mean he was in favour of EU membership and lost it, then ran away. I guess you could say that Osbourne's "austerity" was  also Cameron's "plan", perhaps?

And then the Brexit that was not defined became a fairly hard version due to May's incompetence, plus the throbber pressures, and then Johnson compounded that by ousting her and implementing (if that's not too strong a phrase for the clusterpork that ensued) an even worse version of May's "deal".

In essence, we're discussing which is the foulest smelling turd.

I don’t know about comparing what previous PMs did, the things they  implemented, the various abhorrent policies.

What I will say is Johnson is the first Prime Minister in my lifetime who makes me think I genuinely could do a better job.

Cameron, May, whomever, while they’re shit I’d accept that they more than likely have a better grasp of what they’re doing.

With Johnson, I honestly feel like if I dedicated a morning to, say, the finer points of the Northern Ireland Protocol, that I would then be more knowledgeable on the subject than him by lunchtime.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Q.Will you resign if the office you preside over attracts more fixed penalties than any other location during the entirety of lockdown?

Boris. You’re asking me to comment on stuff I don’t know

🤦‍♂️ 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Q.Will you resign if the office you preside over attracts more fixed penalties than any other location during the entirety of lockdown?

Boris. You’re asking me to comment on stuff I don’t know

🤦‍♂️ 

Channel 4 will be gone within the Month, given away probably.

• Like 1

Â