Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

but we are getting closer. got a credible draw in one today :P

way i see it.. we dont have many winnable games anymore.. any win we get will be a massive upset and shock to me. 

I am resigned to this side not winning again this season. 

1 minute ago, KSV said:

way i see it.. we dont have many winnable games anymore.. any win we get will be a massive upset and shock to me. 

I am resigned to this side not winning again this season. 

For me it was the west ham and sunderland games that say it all - two rubbish teams, decimated by injuries or just not playing well and we failed to win either - we are not just bad, we are spineless, the players know it, the management knows it. They need to be honest with each other and admit that this team will not stay up, and then start thinking about who will stay next season.

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

For me it was the west ham and sunderland games that say it all - two rubbish teams, decimated by injuries or just not playing well and we failed to win either - we are not just bad, we are spineless, the players know it, the management knows it. They need to be honest with each other and admit that this team will not stay up, and then start thinking about who will stay next season.

That's probably half the problem. Id say the mindset of the majority of players would be along the lines of "I'm moving to a new club in June".

could probably count the players who play for the shirt and want to stay on next season, on one hand. 

I honestly struggle to see us winning another game this season. Maybe in the last five or six matches we'll meet a team who are truly already on the beach, but we won't win against any team who are actually competing with us. 

Might be time for a VT bet.

I'll pay £10 to VT if we don't get another league win this season.

You pay £10 if we do win another league game this season.

4 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Might be time for a VT bet.

I'll pay £10 to VT if we don't get another league win this season.

You pay £10 if we do win another league game this season.

Tempting though it is, I'm not going to take it on, firstly because I've already outlined a situation in which we might win (last five or six matches, a team 'on the beach already') and secondly because I'm poor. 

• Like 1

Put it this way to stay up now we're going to have to average 7 points per month from now on.....e.g. next 3 league games all in Jan then 4 in Feb, back to 3 in March.

That would be 28 points by end of April so would get us to 36 points for the start of the Newcastle game.

I imagine that's the target Garde has given the players but it's not going to happen is it as they fell well short of the 8 point target over xmas, the team just isn't good enough.

Can't even beat bloody Wycombe how on earth are we going to win 3 games let alone 10?

the most annoying thing for me is gonna be we are relegated then they start winning once pressure is off. Needs to sell a load of these crappy players this window and get fresh blood in

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Can't even beat bloody Wycombe how on earth are we going to win 3 games let alone 10?

the most annoying thing for me is gonna be we are relegated then they start winning once pressure is off. Needs to sell a load of these crappy players this window and get fresh blood in

But the question is who will buy them?  I'd love to see at least half the squad go but if no-one buys them it will cost us a lot of money to terminate their deals.

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I really hope we do start winning when the pressure is off, at the very least. If we start next season not knowing how to win a game it could easily descend into a season like this one 

relegation will happen, its on learner watch,its his show

the big question is can this squad win 70% of its games in the championship?

for this to happen & villa to stay in the promised land it needs 3 key factors,,a good owner, a good manager,& a good scouting network,

we fall way short with the requirements 

I think we'll come back up. Garde clearly wants his teams to play possession football but he hasn't got the players that can cut it in this league. In recent history teams that try to play in the Championship have generally done well.  I'm confident we will bounce back. 

Doesn't really matter who the manager is. A strong minded one might cover up some of the issues but the problems run deep at this club; certainly not good enough to achieve promotion next season. The problem is if or when Garde leaves first thing a sane manager would ask is what budget will be given to overhaul the squad; this I fear is the reason why we won't get the right manager required if Remi isn't up to it. It's ok talking about long term and philosophy but if the backing isn't there it's utterly useless. Usually teams that go down have a strong spine add a few quality players and are near enough challenging for promotion again, this certainly isn't the case with us which is why I have to agree with Richard; as things stand we are struggling next season.

37 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think we'll come back up. Garde clearly wants his teams to play possession football but he hasn't got the players that can cut it in this league. In recent history teams that try to play in the Championship have generally done well.  I'm confident we will bounce back. 

yes but we will have to buy players or nearly a whole squad to fit that style which could take ages to bed in

Â