Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

reality check no1. - we are going down, there is no chance of staying up now, we are too far gone.

reality check no2. - we wont be coming back up from the championship on the first go, near all the chump teams are rubbing their hands with glee knowing they will be picking up easy points from us.

reality check no3. - nobody will want our god awful deadwood players, they're worthless.

reality check no4. - richards and clark can not play together, they're awful, neither can lead or command, one of them has to go.

reality check no5. - richards can not play right back, i'm bored of people harping this tripe, hes just as bad there as centre back, he cannot do what he used to be able to.

reality check no6. - westwood is too weak for this league (lucky were going down really)

it's like for the past 3 seasons, the worst possible line ups have been selected delibrately when other teams try to always put out their strongest 11, we were never going to do well with that mindset.

1 hour ago, villakram said:

We're looking a lot more like Leeds/Southampton and a lot less like Newcastle right now too.

We really aren't.

reality check no1. - we are going down, there is no chance of staying up now, we are too far gone.

reality check no2. - we wont be coming back up from the championship on the first go, near all the chump teams are rubbing their hands with glee knowing they will be picking up easy points from us.

reality check no3. - nobody will want our god awful deadwood players, they're worthless.

reality check no4. - richards and clark can not play together, they're awful, neither can lead or command, one of them has to go.

reality check no5. - richards can not play right back, i'm bored of people harping this tripe, hes just as bad there as centre back, he cannot do what he used to be able to.

reality check no6. - westwood is too weak for this league (lucky were going down really)

it's like for the past 3 seasons, the worst possible line ups have been selected delibrately when other teams try to always put out their strongest 11, we were never going to do well with that mindset.

Although I think it's jumping the gun a bit to say that we have NO chance of staying up, we might as well have no chance. However, to say that we won't be coming back up on the first try when this season isn't even over yet is just ridiculous. That's not a "reality check", it's your opinion.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

I maintained a glimmer of hope until today's result. 11 points adrift with very little reason to think the team have the mentality and actual talent to fight back and miraculously survive this. I can't believe we are going to be relegated.

Lerner and his flunkies can all **** off

• Like 1

of course its my opinion as i clearly cant prove what i say, seeing into the future is not my fortee ;-)

however, taking into consideration at how sh*t our first team is, and now difficult it is to get out of the championship, i think we would even struggle in that league, also taking note of the past few seasons were we have played lower league teams, and been well and truly played off the park.

Despite them performing poorly as a team I actually think we'll lose quite a few players if we go down. So it's hard to predict how we might do next year.

Edited by useless

We'd need some battlers and scrapers down there. Our team is too lightweight and has been for years. We need players to battle it out midweek to the likes of Rotherham and Huddersfield.

Then whatever flair players you have left can shine.

It will be interesting going down as it will be the first season I can remember in my lifetime where you don't have to spend 20-30m to be competitive in the league we're in. A team like Brighton are challenging for promotion with freebies and loan players like James Wilson. Hull didn't sign that many players but kept their spine from the prem...McGregor, Curtis Davies, Dawson, Elmohamady, Thuddlestone, Livermore, Abel Hernandez.

Be interesting to see which route we go but we need to get the mentality right for that level.

Probably the biggest indictment against Lerner I can think of is that I wouldn't be remotely surprised if we went straight down to League One next year!

**** words removed

I'm embarrassed that this American imbecile has destroyed the club we love. Such an epic disgrace.

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Probably the biggest indictment against Lerner I can think of is that I wouldn't be remotely surprised if we went straight down to League One next year!

**** words removed

I'm embarrassed that this American imbecile has destroyed the club we love. Such an epic disgrace.

Why is that even relevant?

8 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

of course its my opinion as i clearly cant prove what i say, seeing into the future is not my fortee ;-)

however, taking into consideration at how sh*t our first team is, and now difficult it is to get out of the championship, i think we would even struggle in that league, also taking note of the past few seasons were we have played lower league teams, and been well and truly played off the park.

People have said the same things about other teams that have bounced back up. I'm not saying we'll definitely come back up but it's way too early to be acting as if it's a near certainty that we won't.

Just now, maqroll said:

It's personally relevant because I'm American, so in an abstract way, he represents me, the same way George W. Bush did.

Well I can assure that most people don't give a shit about his nationality and if they do well then they're just xenophobic idiots.

4 minutes ago, Richard said:
42 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Sadly, I still go to Villa Park.

Sorry to hear that Scott.

Ha ha in an otherwise totally depressing day with all things Villa associated that just made me laugh mate.

• Like 1

Â