Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He then ran off to the bench and hugged everyone there too. It went on for about a minute. The guy next to me actually used the words "get on with it now you bloody idiot". 

Thanks! - nice, I like that. Wish I could have seen it. He does come across as a miserable sod, but the mass bench cuddling is a good sign of squad unity.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He then ran off to the bench and hugged everyone there too. It went on for about a minute. The guy next to me actually used the words "get on with it now you bloody idiot". 

Ah well, it was good while it lasted...

We need an a****le for others to look up to.

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Average passes per game:  Ayew 32.4, Kodjia 19.6

Average number of shots per game:  Ayew 3.2, Kodjia 3.6

Average number of "key passes" per game:  Ayew 1.4, Kodjia 0.8

Average number of dribbles per game:  Ayew 3.4, Kodjia 2.6

"Ayew is selfish".

:crylaugh:

He gets the ball a lot more ...and plays a lot deeper?

For me, Ayew is a talented lad but a major part of the problem in why we fail to kill off teams, cut through teams, and manage to turn decent opportunities into nothing. For all his ability, he is not very bright. Slows everything down, continually makes the wrong decisions...and it is not as if he is Ronaldo bagging every week.

Wouldn't be bothered if he left to be honest. Would take a less talented player who fits into a team and does his job tbfh.

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

16 shots. 1 goal. Awesome.

Why aren't we winning games again?

Kodjia: 18 shots, 1 goal.

And he's the "proper" striker.

Edit:  Of course, same problem - we need to put the ball in the net.

Edited by bobzy

Yesterday every time he got the ball, there were fans around saying "get another ball on the pitch Ayew has the other one now for a while".  I just didn't and still don't understand those comments.  As other posters have said he is far and away the best player we have.

Because he failed to make that pass to McCormack against Bristol City, and he never smiles, its been decided by some that he is selfish, lazy, not a team player, and doesn't want to be here, despite what he has done in pretty much every other game showing the opposite.

• Like 1

Really can't see him still here when the window closes in February.

While not perfect he could do a job at a higher level than this. Would be surprised if no PL-team came in for him.

Possibly the African cup of nations can work in our favor as he will miss a large part of Jan-Feb if he's called up.

I Just hope whatever money we get should he be sold will be invested in the midfield.

Â