Baker poor. Ayew not ready.

He came on for 10 mins after joining the team a couple of days ago.  Bit premature to say he's not ready.  He will be lacking in fitness and need to get used to his team mates.

• Like 2

Clark looked good at times, so did Richards but they still look like they have errors in them. Amavi didn't defend that well either and Hutton can't defend full stop.

Gueye did cover well defensively at time but Sherwood needs to sort that defence out.

Edited by VillanousOne

Kozak offers so much more than gabby kozak has to stay imo he will get 20 goals if he plays all season no doubt.

20?? I think that's hugely doubtful

Ill have a crate of beers with ya if he plays regular and gets service he will get that many goals.

And that is why Baker needs to be moved on.

Just to be fair to him, he had only been on for a few minutes, and he hasn't played too many minutes in any of the challenging pre-season games, as far as I'm aware. So it could be that he's a bit rusty.

Considering that he's English, still fairly young and did show that he could play at a decent level last season, I'd rather see Senderos moved on before Baker.

• Like 1

Apart from Baker being a tit right at the end I thought we played quite well, a lot more positives then negatives anyway

Westwood and Gueye were great in midfield, Richards, Amavi & Kozak all looked good as well

• Like 1

Defense lacks an experienced/older head in the middle. Anyone else notice Richards flapping his arms whenever he made a mistake (like a misplaced pass) like he's passing the blame?

Like some else said its like he's learning as he goes.

Edited by mightysasquatch

amavi and gueye can run with the ball at pace and look comfortable, good range of passing as well, very impressed with them both. richards was perfectly fine as well, won all his one on one battles, showed good pace when needed. kozak looked good as well

no surprise the poorest players were the ones who have been at villa the longest - gabby, hutton, and a horrendous cameo from baker. can see why Tim has wanted a massive overhaul this summer. Also Sinclair needs to stop running himself into blind alleys.

Â