Concerned about Amavi as a left back ........ okay going forward but defensively all over the place and too often off his man or wrong side of his man. 

Hope he learns fast or he will leave us horribly exposed !!!

i think we to play with two holding players to protect our backline. I am pretty worried about our defence. Richards lacks discipline, he has the making of an important defender however he carries the ball too far up the pitch. 

It's really pleasing to see Kozak back looking sharp and scoring goals. He works hard for the team, defensively too. I was impressed at how many times he was dropping back and putting challenges in. Fair play to him! 

• Like 1

Pros -

Amavi, Kozak, gueye and his partnership with Westwood already looking good, bunn, Richards was still a bit daft with the ball but challenged well

Cons -

Gabby, Hutton and to a lesser extent bacuna really don't look fit, Sinclair overplayed it a fair bit, baker was horrific in his 10 minutes, we got caught over the top on the counter too easy, the rocket polisher in the pink chant started off funny but headed to bad place a couple of times round by me, that **** ref! Who was it? Utter garbage, and I don't mean the 2 times he should have sent stearman off, his overall performance was piss poor

General musings.

Bunn looked decent, great save (from the shot ruled offside).

Clark/Richards making glaring errors which should have led to goals, on the flip side, both made some great interceptions & challenges. A better team would have finished us off.

Amavi was terrific first half, in the second we seemed swamped down that flank. Like the look of him though.

Westwood and Gueye were good in the centre, seem to link up well.

Thought Sinclair looked good in the first half, although I agree he does run down these blind alleys.

Happy with Kozak's two goals. He'll be a useful player for us.

Too early to say on Ayew, some decent touches and looked a bit of a terrier.

These late goals need addressing. I know they're an integral part of our game, but I'd rather not have them.

Fair result.

"Who's the rocket polisher in the pink?" was a highlight. 

Amavi looked more like a left winger rather than a full back. As pointed out above he will need to tighten up a little defensively but I was very impressed with his pace, energy and desire. Gueye was good in midfield. Bunn decent in goal and Richards ok at the back (needs more game time). Great to see Kozak playing so well tonight too! 

Concerned about Amavi as a left back ........ okay going forward but defensively all over the place and too often off his man or wrong side of his man. 

Hope he learns fast or he will leave us horribly exposed !!!

I think you may be in the minority on this! I thought he had another good game. He never got beat and the reason you may think he's the wrong side is he loves to intercept the ball. This can be risky but will also help us set up counter attacks.

• Like 1

Baker poor. Ayew not ready.

He came on for 10 mins after joining the team a couple of days ago.  Bit premature to say he's not ready.  He will be lacking in fitness and need to get used to his team mates.

That's exactly what I meant. He isn't ready to play properly, needs to get up to speed fitness wise and train with the squad. Was not implying anything else.

Cons -

Gabby, Hutton and to a lesser extent bacuna really don't look fit,

Hutton didn't look fit in the FA cup final. I can't see him being first choice right back for the entire season.

Post match musings

positives:

Bunn looked decent

Amavi looked very good first half, seemed to tire a bit second

Richards seemed decent enough

Clark would have been my MOTM

Gueye looked good, think he'd look a lot better with a decent player alongside him

Westwood did a steady job which mostly went unnoticed as usual

Kozak scored two good goals, but i didn't see anything in his game that made me think he'll start any time soon

the fans, both sets turned out in big numbers for a meaningless match on a Tuesday night. can't be faulted

negatives:

Hutton, bloody terrible. hopefully this Crespo bloke is a damn sight better

Sinclair, bloody terrible. for someone trying to impress a manager i doubt he's doing very well. 

Gabby, bloody terrible, REALLY bloody terrible

Baker, bloody terrible

Bacuna, mostly terrible apart from the odd flash of form. 

not seen enough to make any opinion, Ayew (obviously) and Robinson

thought wolves gave us a very tough game last night and were very physical, there were times when we played some decent stuff but also there was also the same old villa in terms of not knowing what to do in the final third and also getting ourselves in dangerous positions then passing it back to the halfway line. im hoping with our new strike force we will bang a few in because i definitely think we will be a bit leaky at the back, kozak is looking good so thats a bonus and that will feel like a new signing. great turn out by both sets of fans last night.

Â