Fifa 16

penguin

Make it a mini-game for Be A Pro.  When the final whistle goes in big matches, you've got to race the rest of your team to the opposition's marquee player, then select the right dialogue choice to get their shirt:

You: Can I have your shirt?
Zlatan: The last time a player asked for my shirt, it ended with blood on my hands.
You: I hope now you've learned to stop picking your nose.

Hmm, not a single new feature besides Women's teams announced during E3 yesterday.

Woah you clearly forgot the game changing spray that was added. Now we can see where the wall is supposed to be. Surely that is worth buying a whole new game for! 

Yeah I wanna know if online lobbies are back.

I think it's ridiculous that I can't create a custom game for me and 3 others to play a friendly game of 2v2. 

I really don't understand how people enjoy Be A Pro... controlling 1 player is just a bit shit. I'll be happy for them to scrap Be A Pro and bring the lobbies back.

Don't know what to think about it, in one patch FIFA 15 went from the best to the worst recent football games. While watching the gameplay I don't think much has been given away from EA and it's all the usual nonsense about improving this and that but actually it's all the same bullcrap and the game will look pretty but play awkwardly.

One thing I've heard is 'we've done a lot of work on AI positioning', well with high pressure that sounds absolutely awful and a reason to not buy the game. 

This video is interesting though, might be worth a watch though I really do have a problem believing what anyone from EA says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfvbnhe3k5k

• Like 1

Yeah I wanna know if online lobbies are back.

I think it's ridiculous that I can't create a custom game for me and 3 others to play a friendly game of 2v2. 

I really don't understand how people enjoy Be A Pro... controlling 1 player is just a bit shit. I'll be happy for them to scrap Be A Pro and bring the lobbies back.

Be a Pro is ok as long as you play central midfield so you can control the game. Anywhere else is awful.

Be a goalkeeper is the shittest part of any game I have ever played, ever. Utterly pointless. And I'm a gk irl

Be a pro is frustrating early on because of how woefully shit you are. You basically just have to pass the ball back to the guy who gave it to you, or alternatively play on a low difficulty setting if you want to do anything more expansive.

I guess it might be easier if I start my career at a League 2 club, but that's not as interesting.

It would be nice if you could play a little for your academy side and if you play well, you end up as an 18 year old with reasonable stats.

Yep pretty much.

What I found with the latest FIFA on Be A Pro was the difficulty settings were broken, basically.

One setting I was scoring pretty much every game right from the start. So I turned it up a setting and it was just impossibly difficult.

• Like 1

Yep pretty much.

What I found with the latest FIFA on Be A Pro was the difficulty settings were broken, basically.

One setting I was scoring pretty much every game right from the start. So I turned it up a setting and it was just impossibly difficult.

Difficulty settings on single player has always been Fifas undoing. There's no half steps between difficulty levels, you either score 5 against Chelsea or concede 5 against port vale.

The last few versions I've opted for longer matches (10/20 minute halves) and the difficulty just doesn't scale up at all. I've settled on playing pro difficulty for matches which can generate great games.... But then the occasional 8-0 drubbing by hull happens out of nowhere.

• Like 1

Yeah that, pretty much.

I've said it a hundred times, single player on FIFA is just not fun. At all.

I know online multiplayer is all some people play, but I still like single player gaming!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

FIFA > PES

FIFA has decent online modes to play with friends. PES doesn't. As far as i'm concerned, gaming is a social thing, and PES are way behind.  

2v2 ranked online play is pretty much the greatest thing FIFA have ever done. 

Edited by PieFacE

FIFA > PES

FIFA has decent online modes to play with friends. PES doesn't. As far as i'm concerned, gaming is a social thing, and PES are way behind.

2v2 ranked online play is pretty much the greatest thing FIFA have ever done.

Yeah that's something I've been hoping for for years in Pes, if Konami were smart they could do a lot more sales but they are as backward and weird as it comes especially for a sports game.

I got PES 2015. It's fine. At times it's more fun to score goals with. I haven't played against friends on it,

When I play with friends, we play coop against the computer as Ireland trying to win the world cup. It's a lot of fun, and PES so far doesn't appear to offer the same international option. Villa trying to win the europa isn't quite the same. 

Used to do that all the time on the old PES games when I was at uni. Like PES 5.

Team up and try and win the world cup with someone like UAE.

You used to be able to set it to no autosaves too (dunno if you still can) so if you lost, that was it. Was fun, the amount of pressure you'd feel if you'd put a couple of hours into the game and then it would be all over if you lost :D

Â