Fifa 16

penguin

The demo is usually very different from the finished game. Few youtubers who have the game early have already said it's different, but they didn't say in what way. I do feel the demo is much better than 15.

I'm finding it incredibly easy to score in the demo. Finesse shots are basically a guaranteed goal whereas regular shots rarely go in. This could just be down to me not knowing the game mechanics just yet. I also scored two goals that were clearly offside. I had a shot deflect off a player who was at least 3-4 yards offside and it wasn't called. I also took a shot and Ronaldo who was in an offside position managed to tap in the rebound which resulted in a goal being counted.

FUT draft is actually a lot of fun though. It also seems like through balls and over the top is a lot harder. I wasn't able to mindlessly chip it past defenders for my strikers to run onto. 

Try moving on to pro mate, its still easy but not as easy. 

I am on World Class

Demo gameplay isn't great, but as stated it's always different come release day.  Though I swear the gameplay for the women's teams feels markedly different, a bit more refined perhaps (that is, when I've actually gotten round to playing it as opposed to being stuck in replays staring at Alex Morgan's virtual arse).

Played 14 just because it came with my one so this one does feel better....but the defenders still go walk about.

Why is defending so bad in these games now, think the last one I really
Properly played extensively was 11. Defending was much better on that, so many times I've seen a defender just walk/run straight past an oncoming player with the ball.

I don't think they'll ever be able to fix the old "lob through ball out run the defender" tactic either 

Played 14 just because it came with my one so this one does feel better....but the defenders still go walk about.

Why is defending so bad in these games now, think the last one I really
Properly played extensively was 11. Defending was much better on that, so many times I've seen a defender just walk/run straight past an oncoming player with the ball.

I don't think they'll ever be able to fix the old "lob through ball out run the defender" tactic either 

They basically fixed that in fifa 16... It's now incredibly difficult to do and very inconsistent. I tried it with a lesser team and very rarely did it work. Even with good passers I was struggling to do it as effectively as in 15. Seems like dribbling is going to be the over powered mechanic this time. 

In 15 holding L1 when stationary and dragging the analog back and side to side you could do little tricks and dragbacks now it disengages you from the ball to just do feints. Dont like that.

R2 and pass is now a drilled pass that will get overused i can see already. 1-0 down online and trying to get the ball back will be fn annoying 

Plus points about PES

+ Gameplay
+ Realism
+ Master League
+ Edit Mode
+ Collision System
+ Player Models
+ ID System
+ Fox Engine

Plus points about FIFA

+ Presentation
+ Game Modes
+ Commentary
+ Player Faces (not in terms of how good but how many players they do scans for)
+ FUT

When playing the AI is fun again, I'll buy it.

This.

I know it's not cool to like single player games these days, especially sports ones. But playing the AI in FIFA is so utterly dreadful that it renders half the game unplayable.

I'm not very good at video games. So playing online is only fun to a certain extent for me. Eventually I get bored of losing to 12 year olds. So I want a game that I can play against the AI.
FIFA is awful in that regard and has been for a few years now.

• Like 1

Â