Fifa 16

penguin

Be a Pro was excellent as well a few years ago. But they've made that worse and worse as well.

Be a Pro and UT both ruined in recent years, totally agree. Be a Pro is an absolute chore on 15

Yep.

The first step to ruining it was when they changed the stat accumulation system to a ridiculous achievements thing. It used to be that if you played well you got like points, and you could use them to add to your stats, gradually making your player better and better.

But around FIFA 13 (from memory), they changed that to be some ridiculous achievement system where you could only add to your stats if you met certain objectives in games. Which was fine when your player was crap, because they were things like "Score a goal". But once you got your player to be average the achievements got silly. Stuff like "Make 5 lofted through balls in one game" or "Pull off 7 back heels in one game"

It meant that instead of playing the game, and trying to make your player score well, you'd be constantly trying all these stupid passed and flicks to try and make your player better.

So yeah, as you can tell, that annoyed me. I think they've moved away from that again now, but it's still a chore. Mainly due to the difficulty levels. One level you're banging in a hat trick every game. The next one it's impossible to do anything, and your teammates play like retards.

• Like 2

Worst ones were score 3 shots rebounded off the post, score twice from over 30 yards (online only), score twice from within 2 yards (online only).

Then the other bad ones for team play when playing with random people were make 5 cross field balls, dribble past 5 players using skill moves etc.

Dev's are retarded.

• Like 2

Be a Pro was excellent as well a few years ago. But they've made that worse and worse as well. 

Be a Pro and UT both ruined in recent years, totally agree. Be a Pro is an absolute chore on 15

Yep.

The first step to ruining it was when they changed the stat accumulation system to a ridiculous achievements thing. It used to be that if you played well you got like points, and you could use them to add to your stats, gradually making your player better and better.

But around FIFA 13 (from memory), they changed that to be some ridiculous achievement system where you could only add to your stats if you met certain objectives in games. Which was fine when your player was crap, because they were things like "Score a goal". But once you got your player to be average the achievements got silly. Stuff like "Make 5 lofted through balls in one game" or "Pull off 7 back heels in one game"

It meant that instead of playing the game, and trying to make your player score well, you'd be constantly trying all these stupid passed and flicks to try and make your player better.

So yeah, as you can tell, that annoyed me. I think they've moved away from that again now, but it's still a chore. Mainly due to the difficulty levels. One level you're banging in a hat trick every game. The next one it's impossible to do anything, and your teammates play like retards.

I think on 13 (12?) it was still the achievement system but you could do it in career mode too if I remember correctly, so that wasn't AS bad, if you wanted to cheat the system you could change all the settings to make it piss easy, but yeah the online achievement business I'm with you there mate

Yeah I did that in the end. Put my player in an 11 aside game, set it to the easiest setting, with all the sliders turned down for the opposition and just ran riot.

Even then it was pretty difficult to do some of the things it asked.

Yeah I did that in the end. Put my player in an 11 aside game, set it to the easiest setting, with all the sliders turned down for the opposition and just ran riot.

Even then it was pretty difficult to do some of the things it asked.

Yeah, get fouled three times in a match if I remember right?

Been playing this on EA Access and it's so much better than 15. You actually have to build up play now. You can't go from defence to attack in 1 pass anymore. Chip through balls barely work too which is great and pace doesn't feel like it can be exploited. I'm sure exploits will be found but can't see any yet which is good!

Gameplay wise it's a massive improvement. People will still slate it because it's EA. Sure the gameplay modes don't change very much, but they have made some decent changes to the gameplay.

Reviews rolling in are very meh, see pro evo scoring much better. I have got Fifa on pre order but I've cancelled/re ordered it 5 times.

Heavily disagree with ign, says putting in crosses/headed goals are virtually impossible but I've been banging them in on the demo.

Thats because the demo is a different game isnt it? Played full game for a few hours last night. Half against a mate, and then half playing together online. Keepers punch/collect nearly everything from crosses. I quite like that though. Holding LT (xbox) is pretty much everything on this game (in my limited playing). It Control the ball and shield/turns with it which allows you to pass the ball so much better and crisper and stops oppo tackling you. Chip through balls are pretty much non-existent. Fouls/yellow cards are redic though, so many 50/50 shoulder with strength tackle gets given freekick and a yellow

Theres some weird things when youre a defender...the ball just rolls through your legs so often and through to the attacker. Was playing liverpool and bacuna had an easy header away, and he just jumped, ducked under the ball and it obviously allowed benteke to go have an easy tap in. (so im guessing the better team online still have a massive advantage when it comes to AI)

Oh for the love of god, did they even bother playing 2player on this game. The blue player square is literally impossible to see on 50% of player changes and youre guessing who you are.

Edited by gharperr

Reviews rolling in are very meh, see pro evo scoring much better. I have got Fifa on pre order but I've cancelled/re ordered it 5 times.

Heavily disagree with ign, says putting in crosses/headed goals are virtually impossible but I've been banging them in on the demo.

Thats because the demo is a different game isnt it? Played full game for a few hours last night. Half against a mate, and then half playing together online. Keepers punch/collect nearly everything from crosses. I quite like that though. Holding LT (xbox) is pretty much everything on this game (in my limited playing). It Control the ball and shield/turns with it which allows you to pass the ball so much better and crisper and stops oppo tackling you. Chip through balls are pretty much non-existent. Fouls/yellow cards are redic though, so many 50/50 shoulder with strength tackle gets given freekick and a yellow

Theres some weird things when youre a defender...the ball just rolls through your legs so often and through to the attacker. Was playing liverpool and bacuna had an easy header away, and he just jumped, ducked under the ball and it obviously allowed benteke to go have an easy tap in. (so im guessing the better team online still have a massive advantage when it comes to AI)

Oh for the love of god, did they even bother playing 2player on this game. The blue player square is literally impossible to see on 50% of player changes and youre guessing who you are.

I can only compare to playing the demo against the review, so maybe in the full game they've made the scoring off a cross harder. 

Only thing stopping me getting this & grabbing pro evo is that it still looks like a 360 game. I haven't bought a footie game for years (had 14 with my one) so I'm unsure what to do. I know it's down to game play more than visuals but still...from videos I've watched it looks horrible.

like most I use to play pro evo till Fifa got better but comparing reviews I'm torn.

Edited by mightysasquatch

Best fifa in a long time. The game requires so much skill now and does not hold your hand through anything. Passing takes a lot of concentration. You have to decide if a driven pass or just a regular pass is going to work a lot of the time because players intercept a lot more passes. You can't just tap A or X and your passes will get there automatically. Also over the top through balls are dead. They are so difficult to pull on. Only if your player is clearly free it will work. Pace is also not super effective. It seems that a striker with better positional awareness will be a better option up top. Fitness seems to play into pace a lot now. You can't just out sprint everyone especially later in matches. I like this. 

I also started a career mode with Villa. It's a little too easy to buy and sell. Bought Berahino for 11 million pounds, Kramer also for 11 million pounds, and Bellerin for 4 million. Sold Hutton, Senderos, and Sanchez pretty easily. N'Zogbia won't sell though (of course).

• Like 1

Â