Europa League Final & Champions League Final

andykeenan

Yes it really is. Would just love to see Pirlo and Buffon win the CL for one final time (well Buffon has never won it has he?)

Two greats of the modern game.

I do think Barca midfield won't find it easy against the quality in Juve's midfield especially if they set up the same way they did v Madrid.

Barzagli is far better at reading the game than Chiellini and much better at timing a tackle, so maybe it will work out for Juve in that sense. Think the key in the Euro final was them closing down Pirlo quickly, but with Juve playing a diamond midfield, you could end up letting Pogba/Vidal/Marchisio have a lot of space behind Iniesta/Rakatic if they're focusing too much on Pirlo.

Maybe wishful thinking.

I'm in a state of confusion. As a massive fan of Italian football I would love Juve to win. However, as a Fiorentina fan, I can't bear the thought of them being European champions

Why?

Genuinely curious about people from thousands of miles away from a club getting involved with inter fan rivalries.  I presume there aren't that many Juve fans in Hinckley (which is Leicester/Man Utd/Chelsea stronghold?) so it's not like you have to mix with them.  Do you have family connections in Turin or Florence? 

I've been a Milan fan for 15 years but never really disliked Inter/Juve. Though I've grown to hate Philadelphia sports, who happen to be rivals of all my US sports teams. I think sometimes it's to do with what you hear from Rival Teams fans or their club. As I've grown to like my US teams more, I've obviously gotten more annoyed when Rival Teams fans have talked shit about my teams. Maybe it's because I don't speak Italian and what Juve/Inter say about Milan is lost on me.

I'm in a state of confusion. As a massive fan of Italian football I would love Juve to win. However, as a Fiorentina fan, I can't bear the thought of them being European champions

Why?

Genuinely curious about people from thousands of miles away from a club getting involved with inter fan rivalries. I presume there aren't that many Juve fans in Hinckley (which is Leicester/Man Utd/Chelsea stronghold?) so it's not like you have to mix with them. Do you have family connections in Turin or Florence?

To be honest it doesn't really have anything to do with me liking Fiorentina. I've never liked Juventus, they are the only Italian team I find it hard to like something about

I hope this doesn't go on too long as I don't want to miss the women's World Cup match.

The BBC is certainly pushing women's football at the minute. The coverage is disproportionate to the level of interest 

I hope this doesn't go on too long as I don't want to miss the women's World Cup match.

The BBC is certainly pushing women's football at the minute. The coverage is disproportionate to the level of interest 

I agree. I think they made a conscious decision to push it more about a year ago or so. Obviously it should be covered as there is interest but it annoys me that they try and shoehorn women's football stories onto the main page. Like you said, it's disproportionate.

its a lot better than reading some of the stuff they advertise on the main page  like Robbie Savage opinion pieces

I don't have any interest in either to be honest. I'd like to see them cover foreign leagues more.

Edited by Mantis

I agree. I think they made a conscious decision to push it more about a year ago or so. Obviously it should be covered as there is interest but it annoys me that they try and shoehorn women's football stories onto the main page. Like you said, it's disproportionate.

I'm annoyed BBC/ITV haven't bothered with the Copa America.

this is probably the last major final for Xavi, Pirlo, Buffon and probably even Iniesta.

that is 4 genuine legends of the game

Iniesta is only 31 surely he will have a couple more years. 

Â