Europa League Final & Champions League Final

andykeenan

Its got to be deliberate though, so strictly speaking it should have stood

Absolute nonsense

if that goal is suarez against villa, you are absolutely fuming

Is the rule that it must be a "deliberate" handball? I don't think it is...

I'm not sure what the rule is within uefa competition but in the premier league the rule is "when the ball hits the hand in a deliberate motion to change direction of the ball"

I thought that was what gets a yellow card... Oh well.

In Fifa's Laws of the Game 2005, Law 12 says a free-kick or penalty will be awarded if a player "handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)". 

In Fifa's Laws of the Game 2005, Law 12 says a free-kick or penalty will be awarded if a player "handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)". 

The rules are there but common sense should prevail.

If the ball changes direction due to handling the ball then it's a foul, full stop, end of discussion.

Strictly looking at the rules with no adaptation is why our refs are so shite. No common sense.

• Like 1

The rules are there but common sense should prevail.

If the ball changes direction due to handling the ball then it's a foul, full stop, end of discussion.

Strictly looking at the rules with no adaptation is why our refs are so shite. No common sense.

ok I accept that. If it had been a defender handling it like that a penalty would most probably not be given

I think the equivalent from a defensive point of view would be to think of it as if there was shot clearly on target and it hit a defenders arm and took it wide.

But like Stefan says, regardless of what the rules say I personally don't think it should stand. It's wouldn't be a 'fair' goal in my eyes.

Â