Europa League Final & Champions League Final

andykeenan

After having watched it again, I think Barca got the benefit from the ref for the most part, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. I do think Pogbas should have been a pen, but the incident with Alba in the first half on the edge of the box was the right decision. I agree Vidal ultimately deserved a yellow, just not how he got it.

Obviously hope I'm wrong, but it's hard not to be cynical when you feel certain teams get the rub of the green with the ref. Maybe it's just the better club bias, maybe he just didn't have a great day as a ref. Hope the latter.

Players will surround referees, will contest every decision and will roll around on the floor like their careers are under threat from a serious injury for ever and a day as long as those things work. Sadly right now, those things work.

I'd like to have seen two or three Barcelona players booked in the aftermath of Neymar's disallowed goal, and players from both sides booked during the game for surrounding the referee - I think that should be the number one priority in the game (on the field) - I've watched John Terry cover Kilometres in games this season in order to get into referee's faces, sometimes 60 or 70 yards, I'd like to have seen a yellow card waiting for him when he got there. I've seen Rooney on TV replays shouting "**** off" in the direction of referee's, again, that should be a yellow card. I'm sure we've been guilty of it at times, everyone does, but some teams do a lot more of it that others - a measure of it's success is that those teams tend to be the better ones.

We say referee's have a tough job, and that the standard isn't where it should be, but we don't allow them to control the game. It's be a difficult season of learning for players and we'd have more yellows that you could shake a stick at, but how much better would it make the game?

I don't think either of Vidal or Pogba did themselves any justice last night, that's where they lost the game. Neither of them are obviously used to being pressed that much playing against the dross in Serie A and you could see their heads go.

Barcelona played only national champions on their way to win the champions league this year. They beat the Italian, German, French, English, Dutch and Cypriot league winners.

surprised hasnt been brought up since John Terry was ridiculed for his celebrations but Thomas Vermaelen should really be ashamed of himself. I contributed as much to Barcelona Champions League campaign

..and now to the other end of the spectrum....the draw for the preliminary rounds of european competitions takes place on 22ndJune - with the first games being played 30th June.

Always great fun as your amateur team, almost entirely on holiday, have to be represented by the most trusted and sensible fan come volunteer at the draw. Then, your match with home and away dates is quickly sent by text to the volunteer who does your books to see if you have the money to get to Baku in 8 days time. Then it's quickly get the manager on facebook from his Mallorca hotel to see what players are available and have passports and can get a few days off work at short notice.

Then, a quick bit of googling and you find out yes, there really is a country called Montenegro and yes, their team in the draw is actually their state sponsored army team. If we're going to have a chance here, we're going to have to persuade star striker DJMikey (he was once scouted by Bristol Rovers but nothing came of it) to give up that lucrative wedding DJ slot he was doing for a mate that Saturday night.

• Like 3

Â