Jake Livermore

Zatman

• 2 months later...

Recent news coming out on this case now and It sounds like Jake Livermore was having a lot of personal issues going by what Steve Bruce was saying. I feel that maybe some leniency should be shown here and that helping the player with his problems is the way forward with this case.

Recent news coming out on this case now and It sounds like Jake Livermore was having a lot of personal issues going by what Steve Bruce was saying. I feel that maybe some leniency should be shown here and that helping the player with his problems is the way forward with this case.

You'd hope so, although that does seem a bit on the sensible side and mightn't placate the mouth foamers.  It's a tough balance.

• Like 1

You'd hope so, although that does seem a bit on the sensible side and mightn't placate the mouth foamers.  It's a tough balance.

Yeah I know what you mean they will need to punish the guy because they need to as he did break the rules. I think as Hull suspended him at the time and due to the peronal issues he was suffering the governing body will probably issue a ban which backdates to then so his ban will be say 9 months, during which he will probably receive counselling etc. A full 2 year suspension would be extremely harsh in my opinion.

Yeah I know what you mean they will need to punish the guy because they need to as he did break the rules. I think as Hull suspended him at the time and due to the peronal issues he was suffering the governing body will probably issue a ban which backdates to then so his ban will be say 9 months, during which he will probably receive counselling etc. A full 2 year suspension would be extremely harsh in my opinion.

Thing is though, it's hardly performance enhancing is it?

I can't even get mine up after a bit of sniff ;)

Thing is though, it's hardly performance enhancing is it?

I can't even get mine up after a bit of sniff ;)

My favourite of those is : "People were very hard on Lance Armstrong for winning all those Tour de Frances on drugs.  When I was on drugs I couldn't even find my bike".

• Like 2

What's sad is that anyone losing a child would think turning to drugs will make it in any way a better situation

I doubt he was thinking about it like that. He hasn't hurt anyone but himself.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice to see a little compassion from the FA here. The hit to his professional reputation is punishment enough for a somewhat understandable moment of personal weakness.

Edited by villakram

Â