• Poor
    • Very Poor
  2. 2. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

I am starting to be a little bit more hopeful that we will be playing in the Prem next season. A loss by Hull or a win by us in our last two games should secure that. Who among us would have predicted such a thing while Lambert was still here?

Tim Sherwood and the Villa lads deserve what they are accomplishing and lately Cleverley has put in solid performances as he did  today.  An extra goal for insurance purposes and improving our  GD  would have been better on the nerves during a nervous last 20 minutes but a win is a win and these were a valuable 3 points. Well done  Aston Villa !

First time back at VP since Bournemouth for me. Very happy with the result. First half we were excellent but felt we didn't really turn up second half. Song coming on was big for them. Still never really felt we would concede though.

Tom **** Cleverley what a man!!! My motm by far, he was everywhere, and of course got the only goal.

Westwood looked very solid, we see him at his best the way Tim has our midfield currently IMO. Jack was good again but he needs to have a bit more confidence in himself for me, couple of times he waited for support when he could've beaten his man.

Benteke, although quiet (you can't lump balls into the box against Collins because that's his bread and butter) still shows so much threat. N'zogbia was great, we looked a lot worse when he went off and I don't think that is just down to how rusty Gabby was.

Also Bacuna had a great game and we missed his penetration when he came off. Rest of the defence did their job despite a couple of shaky clearances.

tl;dr bring on Wembley, marry me tom!

• Like 1

I would just like to add a note about the West Ham fans. During the half time memorial to Villa people who passed away this season the majority of them clapped along with the Villa fans. Proper respect from decent supporters 

I found it funny how they baited the Villa fan in the red jacket to get himself chucked out of the stadium :crylaugh:

I really hope he was a VTer.

I would just like to add a note about the West Ham fans. During the half time memorial to Villa people who passed away this season the majority of them clapped along with the Villa fans. Proper respect from decent supporters

I thought they were good fun in general today.

Virtually safe after a hard fought, but deserved, win. First half was excellent though West Ham were fairly feeble. Second half the 'ammers got there act together and it was more hard going. Should have been more like 2-0 with chances in the first half or even Gabby's chance at the end.

Cleverley MOTM for me. Superb and the transformation from today's performance to his crab impersonation under Lambert is frankly ridiculous. Given looked a bit flakely at a few moments so personally I would bring back Brad, though I doubt Sherwood will now this close to the final. My only small quibble would I would have preferred Grealish to be subbed after 15 to go as he looked knackered and Sinclair could have had a run out, but doesn't really matter.

Nearly 40,000 in today and Burnley on course for a sell-out.  Last 6 home games have seen 4 wins.The good times are back at Villa Park.

The balloons looked good again the lower Holte before kick off, definitely a great atmosphere now at VP.

Cleverley very much MOTM for me also, was great work by Grealish for the goal but felt prior to that he'd struggled to get into the game. Suppose we have to accept that other teams will now target him and try to keep him quiet.

Delighted to see a clean sheet. West Ham didn't seem to offer much going forward but defended pretty solidly. Looked like they came for a 0-0.

Good first half. Tough second but that was more due to Alex Song coming on. He was brilliant for them. Nullified anything we out together and kept benteke out the game. They didnt have enough up top to punish us for us giving the ball away alot in the 2nd half.

Had they been better they would have drew had we been clinical we would have won 3 0. But thats irrelevant now.

Lets get safe before Burnley

Utv

Â