• Poor
    • Very Poor
  2. 2. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Well done Villa for closing the game out. Need to put more of our chances away to make the loose heart. Think we should rest a few players for the Saints game as a few look a bit leggy. Three wins to finish the season off will do me. O and big fat Sam is and always will be a clearing in the woods who football is long ball and fight for the scraps.

I loved it when they announced the attendance and the chant of "where were you when we were shit?"

Surprising what an FA Cup final dose to boost up the client refs  ;)

**** off Adams… The Villa is ours!

I loved it when they announced the attendance and the chant of "where were you when we were shit?"

Surprising what an FA Cup final dose to boost up the client refs ;)

This did make me chuckle this chant. I do like that we can sing this, and make the point were no longer shit.

But I do welcome all fans back with open arms, a full villa park and continued good football and cheers is welcome on my patch anytime :D

• Like 1

Not the best performance but a vital 3 points nevertheless. Completely dominated the first half and limited West Ham to very few opportunities in the second. Nice to get a clean sheet, Okore and Vlaar were excellent and even Richardson was solid at the back.

Fantastic work from Grealish for the goal, he's a legend in the making. 3 goals in 3 now for Cleverley, sign him up!!

Good day at VP yesterday as we really needed those three points. We are nearly there now and I think its going to be Hull as the third team down although personally I would prefer it to be Newcastle.

Great first half, poor second half with Song being the difference for them.  Hopefully we will sign Cleverley, judging by his celebration I think he likes playing for Villa. Grealish is going from strength to strength which is great.

I can't really fault any player yesterday, the transformation since we finally sacked the woeful Lambert is simply astonishing - same players utterly different performances.

Surprising what an FA Cup final dose to boost up the client refs  ;)

My thoughts entirely. Good to see much bigger crowds at the last couple of games, I just hope they stay next season...that's the test.

The crowds are there because we are worth time and money going to watch.

Simple as that, and I have no doubt they will continue to come if we continue to play like this.

From lowest scoring club side in Europe before Sherwood to third highest scorers in the prem since, an English midfield playing international quality passing/ movement/ pressing football, an ability to mix up styles, formations and tactics, and a never say die attitude.

If it continues ( big if but you never know) we will have no trouble filling the ground.

• Like 2

Collins is a rubbish defender. Always drawn to the ball and out of position - but high balls are his bread and butter. Shame we gave him so many and, as such, so little opportunities for Benteke. In fact, his best came with a low ball into the box that he couldn't quite wrap his foot around. We should have tried that a little more.

That said - I really enjoyed the last 10 minutes (+4 minutes injury time) today. We did not need to score and I thought we were very good at holding possession higher up the pitch and settling for no-nonsense defending at the other end. I was never worried that we'd conceded late.

Would be fantastic if we get at least a point at southampton meaning we can really enjoy the Burnley game full of confidence for the final

Southampton have been pretty dire in their last 3 matches, we should be going for the neck and taking 3 points.

Would be fantastic if we get at least a point at southampton meaning we can really enjoy the Burnley game full of confidence for the final

Or a horribly nervy 90 minutes praying nobody gets injured!

We are learning to see out games under TS which is very pleasing. Yes we conceded late to Stoke (stupid error by RV), Swansea (probably deserved), City (cheated) and Everton (foul on Given) but when we have a lead to protect (Spuds, Plop, Everton & Wet Spam) we've done it quite professionally without the shits.

Or a horribly nervy 90 minutes praying nobody gets injured!

If we're safe by the time we play Burnley, I'd be wanting us to play a much changed side, including a few of the kids.

Very happy indeed with the result, and the performance overall, though we did make hard work of it after the break. Cleverley MOTM and Sam Allardyce proving once again that he is nothing short of a square headed, amoebic word removed, sore losing male genital.

Great atmosphere though... 'we've got our Villa back...'

Given was a worry for me at times, but hey ho, clean sheet sex on a stick all round...

Â