• Poor
    • Very Poor
  2. 2. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Grealish was bril but Cleverley MOTD for me. Scored the winner and just totally cleaned up in midfield. No one could get past him. I will be totally gutted is we lose him. What a transformation. He's must us all look like idiots for writing him off.

MOTD haha!

Great win, solid gritty 3 points. You can only beat what's put in front of you, over the moon, etc.

Sanchez reminds me of that toy you can buy for your dog - you pop the ball in and it fires it in all directions at random.

That was tough to endure but thankfully we held on without much bother in the end.  Gabby was pretty crap when he came on but the change to 2 upfront brought about us taking back control of the game, they were putting us under a lot pressure for the first 20 minutes of the second half and looked dangerous.  Cleverley was brilliant again and could of had a couple more goals, Grealish did well also.

Cleverley MOTM

Grealish was bril but Cleverley MOTD for me. Scored the winner and just totally cleaned up in midfield. No one could get past him. I will be totally gutted is we lose him. What a transformation. He's must us all look like idiots for writing him off.

MOTD haha!

Lol whoops. Clearly got the fact that I can now watch MOTD without wanting to cry on the mind!

• Like 1

We dominated the first half without getting anywhere near the sort of performances we have put in lately so well well pleased. Huge result. Cleverly was superb, but special mention to Westwood. He really is turning into very good defensive midfielder.

And we scored when Jack decided to take a risk rather than slow our attacks down as he does so. The kid is learning so I hope he sees that he has the skills to drive at the opposition more as when he does he sets up goals. Too often today he stopped and slowed the play down, allowing Spam to get players back. But it will come.

It was a slog, but we got there. As someone said above those deep crosses from our fullbacks were not doing Benteke any favours but just a little bit of magic was all it needed.

Cleverley is a bit of a beast at the moment. Even his crosses are dangerous nowadays!

Almost couldn't watch the second half but delighted with the result.

Cleverley was fantastic, Grealish very good. Almost everyone else was fairly solid. I'm actually looking forward to next season now.

So pleased with that!! 1-0 is not a very comfortable place to be, but in the end it was all about the three points. I really hope that TC realises that he is playing so well and that is probably down to the manager and so staying with Villa is his best option. If we could keep him and Benteke.......

Cleverley could have played on his own today and we still would have won. MOTM by a country mile. Another game of two halves though. But despite letting them back into it they didn't really have that many proper chances. A good hard fought win though against a rough and tumble team. 

Solid performance, could sense the nerves around the ground until the whistle though.  I think we're just about there and we can look forward with optimism to the cup final and next season.

What has happened to Cleverley?  All action display, a couple of great crosses into the box that deserved better and a goal to boot.  Not the crab that Lambert served up that's for sure!

Chuffed with the 3 points, it's nice to feel a LOT of the pressure taken off now. Probably Hull for the chop I would think, unless they win one, and Newcastle or Sunderland don't win any (3 in Sunderlands case).

I thought we played well in the first half, the crowd were buoyant and that seemed to lift the players. Second half and they looked more like an Allerdyce team; tough to break down and winning back possession more. But I think we did well enough, if we'd been behind at that point we would've played differently I think.

Good to see Gabby and hutton back, even though neither were particularly great. Sanchez came on too, out of 3-4 touches 2-3 were mis-kicked. But he didn't have long to get in to the game to be fair.

Really enjoyed the game despite the nerves!

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

Â