The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

I'd love to see a party that gives me something to justify a vote.

I don't fall into any demographic that can be bought off with flashy policies (not elderly, no kids, not married, not jobless, no benefits etc etc). I don't believe any party is going to fix the economy which has seen me **** struggle to get anywhere with my salary, because they're all tied to a sinking ship to win the votes of idiots and the fooled. And socially they're all appealing to the bastard elements of society.

**** 'em. I usually spoil my ballot as a point of principle, as I'm not a fan of political parties and don't really care for any of them. This time, I'm actually begging for someone to enthuse me enough to put an x next to them, I'll set aside the fundamentals I've got issues with to try to get something that aims to improve things. And instead we've got absolutely incompetent corrupt words removed, and a tribute act to said words removed who's selling point is basically they've not yet proved themselves to be incompetent and corrupt, and who got to where they are off a campaign I'm extremely loathe to reward.

It's lucky we don't have guns. I'd have blown my head off long ago.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I'd love to see a party that gives me something to justify a vote….I'm actually begging for someone to enthuse me enough to put an x next to them, I'll set aside the fundamentals I've got issues with to try to get something that aims to improve things. ..

I’ve no idea what Labour will come up with, and even less about whether it will enthuse you, of course. But, looking in as an outsider, I’m certain they will come up with a whole raft of stuff. The question after that is how much of what they come up with they’ll present in their appeal to voters. Last time they offered far too much, they had a manifesto with a policy for everything. It lacked clarity (even though a lot of it was decent). Next time they won’t make the same mistake, but there’s a risk they’ll be too timid, I think. Still, we’ll see.

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I disagree,  its too much of a moving target.  What if it improves ? Then hope it goes wrong in election week.

A fixed target such as Health is the way too go IMO.  It cant be improved in time and it effects a lot of people.

The damage is done tbh, no matter what they do the markets have no confidence in them and that's why the rate at which we can borrow (the government) has more than doubled.

The tories main strength has been their handling of the economy, not anymore,  they have lost that and it should be pointed out to the public just how disastrous those 6 weeks have been. They should be brought to task over them picking Truss to ruin our country, if they get elected who will they pick next, MOG , Boris again, Give Truss another swing at her suicide economics? These are questions that should be asked of the prime minister,  he can't answer them, he would divide his party in trying. 

The NHS is obviously  a mess but its a muddy mess with no staff and low pay , they can and have dodged that bullet. That's not to say it can't be used as another area of weakness. 

The police are a mess but it's the met thats grabbing the headlines, basically  how they have mismanaged the money they have been given. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

I’ve no idea what Labour will come up with, and even less about whether it will enthuse you, of course. But, looking in as an outsider, I’m certain they will come up with a whole raft of stuff. The question after that is how much of what they come up with they’ll present in their appeal to voters. Last time they offered far too much, they had a manifesto with a policy for everything. It lacked clarity (even though a lot of it was decent). Next time they won’t make the same mistake, but there’s a risk they’ll be too timid, I think. Still, we’ll see.

Handful of tory lite policies with plenty of centrist dinner party types going on TV and radio to tell us how wonderful and radical it all is, then if they get voted in, we'll get less of that stuff and even more of the worse stuff. Bit like the leadership contest.

• Like 1

There are questions to be asked why Labour has not had a female leader yet, or someone from a BAME community. Might have had a mayor or two? But nobody in charge of the national party. Will they ever?

6 hours ago, Jareth said:

There are questions to be asked why Labour has not had a female leader yet, or someone from a BAME community. Might have had a mayor or two? But nobody in charge of the national party. Will they ever?

Infrequency of a vacancy is the main factor. I imagine if they had changed leader as often as the Tories have in the last twenty five years, they would definitely have had the former and probably have had both.

Watford can boast of a greater range of demographics in their managerial appointments than Liverpool can.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Infrequency of a vacancy is the main factor. I imagine if they had changed leader as often as the Tories have in the last twenty five years, they would definitely have had the former and probably have had both.

Watford can boast of a greater range of demographics in their managerial appointments than Liverpool can.

Really, by my count both parties have had 5 or 6 leaders during that time. Not really much in it.

I'm not convinced the classic labour supporting base would elect a female I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Really, by my count both parties have had 5 or 6 leaders during that time. Not really much in it.

I'm not convinced the classic labour supporting base would elect a female I'm afraid.

Tories have had 8, Labour only 5

Sunak, Truss, Johnson, May, Cameron, Howard, Duncan-Smith, Hague

Blair, Brown, Milliband, Corbyn, Starmer

8 hours ago, bickster said:

Tories have had 8, Labour only 5

Sunak, Truss, Johnson, May, Cameron, Howard, Duncan-Smith, Hague

Blair, Brown, Milliband, Corbyn, Starmer

My points remain. I'm not sure the numbers are significant enough for it to be the reason we haven't seen a female or BAME leader.

10 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

My points remain. I'm not sure the numbers are significant enough for it to be the reason we haven't seen a female or BAME leader.

Who fdom a BAME background do you think deserves the role? Please tell me your not gonna say that usless clearing in the woods lammy?

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Who fdom a BAME background do you think deserves the role? Please tell me your not gonna say that usless clearing in the woods lammy?

Lisa Nandy has always seemed like a decent sort.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Out of interest what's he done to make him a useless clearing in the woods?

Failing to declare his financial interests (gifts totally 35k just like those nasty tories), getting it wrong about the BA strikes then having to grovel ando apologise as he getting the info wrong, 

Lying about his mum relying on tax credits when he was growing up. tax credits were introduced in 2003 (he was a 31 year old mp at the time)

He criticised rod little calling him white middle class privileged because he said "half of black children dont live with their father and we wonder why they dying" then lammy laterwent and said "absent fathers are key cause of knife crime" just a few own goals from him

Then the fact that tottenham (his area is a generally unsafe area) his constituents that he always talks about write letters asking for meetings and he ignores them. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

He is one but as i said the reason he called him one was ridiculous as he said the same thing

He didn't, one is talking about victims, one is talking about perpetrators. The times article is behind a paywall so can't see Rob Liddles nuanced comments.

1 minute ago, VILLAMARV said:

All good dem. I hate hypocracy too...........

almost as much as Rod Liddle :D

Yeah im hoping once starmer becomes PM he keeps lammy away from his cabinet. He is another disaster in waiting like diane abbott

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

He didn't, one is talking about victims, one is talking about perpetrators. The times article is behind a paywall so can't see Rob Liddles nuanced comments.

He was speaking after a black teenager was killed again (kevin ssali murdered by a black man roree cox) he also went on to say during the tottenham riots most of the people arrested had absent fathers) tottenhams ethnic population is a majority black 26.7% according to wikipedia. 

Â