Kevin Toner

smetrov

Never really made any real noises. 

Sadly not every product from our academy makes it and Even then they don't really go on to become anything when they fo make it into our first team.

I think we need the reserve coach (s) from Southampton..

Their academy has pocketed them Millions in the last 5 years in Bale, Lanana, and many more others..

Get that guy here from Southampton youth and hopefully we will not see anymore Ridgewells and Moores and Albrightons and stuff  but better..

So atleast if they do move on we attract decent fees and not the £7m Bargain bin prices we have seen all our products from the reserves go for in recent years.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

24 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Never really made any real noises. 

Sadly not every product from our academy makes it and Even then they don't really go on to become anything when they fo make it into our first team.

Their academy has pocketed them Millions in the last 5 years in Bale, Lanana, and many more others..

Get that guy here from Southampton youth and hopefully we will not see anymore Ridgewells and Moores and Albrightons and stuff  but better..

So atleast if they do move on we attract decent fees and not the £7m Bargain bin prices we have seen all our products from the reserves go for in recent years.

Albrighton? The same Albrighton that has a Prem League winners medal?

Yeah i bet he feels like a right failure...

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You think the success of Southampton's youth setup is down to one person in particular?  And even if that were the case, that Aston Villa - a Championship club - would be first in line to simply 'get that guy here'?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

Albrighton? The same Albrighton that has a Prem League winners medal?

Yeah i bet he feels like a right failure...

Okay 2/3 players from what 30/40 products in the last 20 years to have won the prem?

Not much to argue about and even then they didn't leave for big amounts.

Gareth Barry with Man City £10m, Gary Cahill with Bolton 5m (won with Chelski) and Albrighton to Leicester for 1m.

4 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

You think the success of Southampton's youth setup is down to one person in particular?  And even if that were the case, that Aston Villa - a Championship club - would be first in line to simply 'get that guy here'?

Coach (s).

You failed to include that part.

If it is down to one guy or 4 guys I am saying get them/him here for the types of player they produce that seem to go on to be sold (for decent amounts) after breaking through and having 1-2 seasons in their 1st team!

Also, yes. We could get them here irrespect of our lge status.

Our facilitys and Aim will be a good start before contract talk where to arise.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

• 4 weeks later...

Toner has moved to Stevenage on loan.

TonermovestoStevenageMainWeb.ashx?h=720&

Kevin Toner has joined Stevenage Borough on a season-long loan.

Toner moves to Broadhall Way to link up with Darren Sarll’s League Two side.

The 21-year-old, who joined our academy in 2012, has enjoyed previous loan spells with Kidderminster Harriers, Walsall and Bradford City.

He made his senior claret and blue debut at Southampton in April 2016 before his first start a week later at Watford.

Good luck this season, Kevin.

• Like 4

On 7/29/2017 at 02:35, AvfcRigo82 said:

Okay 2/3 players from what 30/40 products in the last 20 years to have won the prem?

Not much to argue about and even then they didn't leave for big amounts.

Gareth Barry with Man City £10m, Gary Cahill with Bolton 5m (won with Chelski) and Albrighton to Leicester for 1m.

Barry was way more than that, 18m which in 2009 was a very significant fee compared to what it is now. He wasn't really a youth product though which balances things out.

• 3 months later...
Â