Kevin Toner

smetrov

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Walsall fans hated him.

He didn't have a great time there tbh.

This should be more or less last chance saloon for him. Flubbing one loan in League One might be written off as a bad match between him and club or a bad relationship with the manager there or just not settling or something, but if he repeatedly can't perform at that level then he's pretty much done here. 

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

This should be more or less last chance saloon for him. Flubbing one loan in League One might be written off as a bad match between him and club or a bad relationship with the manager there or just not settling or something, but if he repeatedly can't perform at that level then he's pretty much done here. 

Completely disagree. How they perform on loan is irrelevant, it's all about building up match experience. Look at Harry Kane hardly set the world alight when on loan. Obviously if they perform great, it's a bonus but you can't write someone off based on this.

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I'd be amazed, not good enough in my view.

Yes Trent is correct.

Walsall fans cheered him off in his last game for them at Fleetwood, he was that bad.

Barely played at Bradford.

If he's not making a decent impact in league 1 I struggle to see how he's going to step up in the championship. You'd imagine Bedeau will get a chance before him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Yes Trent is correct.

Walsall fans cheered him off in his last game for them at Fleetwood, he was that bad.

Barely played at Bradford.

If he's not making a decent impact in league 1 I struggle to see how he's going to step up in the championship. You'd imagine Bedeau will get a chance before him.

Don't forget about Suliman

They are all a million miles away in my view.  I think we'll be buying quite a few centre backs before they come into contention.

Bedeau (17) and Suliman (19) have plenty of time on their hands and need a lot more experience out on loan. Toner's still only 21 but I've not seen/heard anything to get me thinking he'll end up as a first teamer.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I haven't seen him, has anyone?

Lad at work is a big Bury fan and was raving about him. Thought he was destined to go to Liverpool before we managed to get in and sign him up. On what he saw for the time he was playing for them he was a regular and very quick to learn, strong in the air and accurate with his passing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stockport_Villain said:

Lad at work is a big Bury fan and was raving about him. Thought he was destined to go to Liverpool before we managed to get in and sign him up. On what he saw for the time he was playing for them he was a regular and very quick to learn, strong in the air and accurate with his passing.

Always nice to hear these things. I'd forgot about us signing him to be honest. It will be interesting to see if Bruce includes him in an match squads.

1 hour ago, Stockport_Villain said:

Thanks very much

4 hours ago, AshVilla said:

No where near the level of Baker the club are deluded if they think he can fill the void

I don't think the club are anywhere near deluded.....not now.

they are bringing players on and we will find that some won't make it.

perfectly normal to me.

Edited by TRO

Â