Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Wonder how our plans would change if FFP is indeed relaxed next month which looks to be the case.

We have never spent over the hill amounts but perhaps a bit more investment might really help us whether it's under Randy or another owner(s).

Either way surely this is good news as if I remember correctly we were one of a few voting against FFP.

If FFP is about to be relaxed someone, somewhere has been slipped a very fat brown paper bag.

True

And probably why FFP came to be in the first place too.

All it does is protect the very rich and powerful clubs positions at the top of the foodchain. 

Seems like the nouveau riche like PSG and Man City are flexing their (financial) muscles to get around this

• Like 1

When was the last time Stoke won anything (assuming they have won a trophy)?

If we cannot attract a player from Stoke then we really are in a sorry state of affairs.

Unless he's on a free, it'd be quite a faff to get him.

We'd have to pay a big wedge for him and we're not that much of step up from Stoke - we only are in terms of tradition, really. He wouldn't be getting paid a whole lot more, he's not going to win a whole lot more - just seems like a largely pointless move.

Don't want him anyway

Me neither. 

There are two types of FFP though.

You have the Premier League's FFP, and the UEFA FFP if I understand it correctly.

If the UEFA FFP becomes more relaxed, and then the league one doesn't, not sure where we'd stand with that.

I'm unsure which FFP is stricter to be honest. 

If we cannot attract a player from Stoke then we really are in a sorry state of affairs.

In fairness right now Stoke to Villa would be considered a sideways move. 

Perhaps, but that's also a reason to move. Villa at their lowest ebb equals Stoke at their highest, so why wouldn't you jump ship in that scenario if you were offered it.

There are two types of FFP though.

You have the Premier League's FFP, and the UEFA FFP if I understand it correctly.

If the UEFA FFP becomes more relaxed, and then the league one doesn't, not sure where we'd stand with that.

I'm unsure which FFP is stricter to be honest. 

Ah yes I did forget about this.

£100m permitted loss over 3 seasons isn't it or something similar, I think clubs will question the league FFP if the UEFA one is relaxed.

Perhaps, but that's also a reason to move. Villa at their lowest ebb equals Stoke at their highest, so why wouldn't you jump ship in that scenario if you were offered it.

They're going to finish 9th this year - we're not going to finish much higher than that any time soon. The money's the same, the chance of winning something is the same, there's no real point in him moving. 

If both clubs were in for the same player, we'd almost certainly sign him over them but that's a different kettle of fish. 

I wouldn't be suprised if N'zonzi lived nearer to VP than the Britannia. Because which footballer would want to live in Stoke. E.g Steve Sidwell currently lives in Solihull. At the moment it would be a pointless move for him tbh.

Edited by Arj Guy

I think Charlie Austin would be a brilliant signing, He has impressed me most times I've watched him. He has 17 goals in the league this season and a good few assists.  He has banged in the goals at every level and at 25 he could get even better.  According to transfermrkt he is out of contract next Summer so his fee shouldn't be too extortionate especially as Qpr have been relegated and he will lkely be trying push through a move back to the premier league.  

I wouldn't be suprised if N'zonzi lived nearer to VP than the Britannia. Because which footballer would want to live in Stoke. E.g Steve Sidwell currently lives in Solihull. At the moment it would be a pointless move for him tbh.

Most Stoke players live near Stone (Staffordshire) as it's quite nice there also Alderley Edge (where most of the Man Utd players live)

Stoke is not nice place to live but the outskirts 10/15miles out such as Stone etc have some wonderful countryside and expensive houses to buy which is on par with whatever Solihull has to offer as well to be fair :)

Edited by Villan4Life

Steve Sidwell lives in Solihull now probably because of his spell at Villa then. Helenius actually used to live round the corner from me. A mate of mine knocked on his door on Haloween

• Like 1

Steve Sidwell lives in Solihull now probably because of his spell at Villa then. Helenius actually used to live round the corner from me. A mate of mine knocked on his door on Haloween

Maybe that's what scared him away back to Denmark?

Was he dressed up as Roy Keane?

Edited by sne