Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

It's very exciting to be linked with players that other top teams. The likes of Everton Southampton west ham we SHOULD be competing with these teams in the league and I hope all this speculation comes too light and we can start competing again where we belong ...

Great isn't it? I think the thing I'm looking forward to most, is selling them to a Champions League side, after they've had one good season with us.

:trollface:

Me too. Also us hearing about a 50p release clause in his contract if we lose to Watford by more than 3 goals !

• Like 2

June: "Tim Sherwood will try to sign Tom Huddlestone and Charlton Athletic's Jordan Cousins."

July: "Aston Villa bid £7m for Dennis Praet as they near the completion of £9m move for Idrissa Gueye."

GIF-celebrate-Django-unchained-excited-f

It does make you wonder. Were the press simply a million miles away or have circumstances changed?

Because Gueye is deffo in Birmingham so no doubt about it we have upped the anti from previous years.

said it before that maybe the FA Cup final was the wake up call Lerner needed

Or maybe he has nothing to do with future transfers.

If 4 years of battling relegation along with a semi final defeat to a league two team wasn't enough of a wake up call I spit the FA Cup final made a difference.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

not saying he is or he isnt but I dont think anything on takeover is concrete from what i see. He rarely watched the Villa live as well and sitting next to the Prince who probably told him what wrong

Could also have been promised a knighthood if he spent money by him ;)

• Like 1

not saying he is or he isnt but I dont think anything on takeover is concrete from what i see. He rarely watched the Villa live as well and sitting next to the Prince who probably told him what wrong

Could also have been promised a knighthood if he spent money by him ;)

There is no wakeup call. He is just weeks away from being rid of the club. He can go find his next sporting venture to make a mess of.

true but maybe he also realised that nobody wants to buy a club that has been poorly invested in for last few seasons and battling the drop

as I said all pure speculation on my part ;)

Apparently we've bid for Dennis Praet? Isn't he some highly rated youngster? Heard his name before… Praet tell …. 

Edited by tomh621
  • Like 1

The race for Praet

Aston Villa have joined the race to sign Dennis Praet, the highly rated Belgium international who is also attracting interest from Southampton and Everton. Praet is set to leave Anderlecht this summer for a fee in the region of £10m and Villa have made an inquiry about the possibility of making an offer for the midfielder.

"made an enquiry about the possibility of making an offer"

definitely sounds like the potentially concrete interest could be made solid in the next few weeks.

The race for Praet

Aston Villa have joined the race to sign Dennis Praet, the highly rated Belgium international who is also attracting interest from Southampton and Everton. Praet is set to leave Anderlecht this summer for a fee in the region of £10m and Villa have made an inquiry about the possibility of making an offer for the midfielder.

"made an enquiry about the possibility of making an offer"

definitely sounds like the potentially concrete interest could be made solid in the next few weeks.

I won't be happy until I hear that Anderlecht are 'bracing themselves' for an offer.

• Like 2

Imagine if we were able to bring in Gueye, Praet and Amavi without selling Delph or Benteke? We would actually be a decent side.

I don't think we'll get Amavi now. I also think Benteke'll go. 

Even so, Gueye and Praet would make a massive difference to our midfield.