Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

For Carroll I'd say permanent deal or nothing, can't see point in us developing him and spurs getting the rewards just like walker

100% agree, no point to loan signings

I agree, unless the loan deal includes the option to buy. Then the club gets to "test drive" the player without having to make a serious commitment.

Yep and then you are left with the problem of replacing them next season like with Cleverley. In a way its kind of worse when they are really good. 

Edited by PaulC

That Italian agent or whatever he is on twitter says Begovic has agreed 4 year deal at Chelsea, 65k a week wages. He was on 30k at Stoke.

Clubs will probably settle on 8m.

I never thought we'd sign him but when I see one of Stoke's best players only on 30k a week I shake my head at how much we've ripped ourselves off over the last few years paying obscene wages out for mediocre players, usually British or Irish.

That Italian agent or whatever he is on twitter says Begovic has agreed 4 year deal at Chelsea, 65k a week wages. He was on 30k at Stoke.

Clubs will probably settle on 8m.

This just about sums up the Premier League. Players are happier sitting on the bench at the mega bucks teams, making double their money, than they are playing week in week out. Way to make the most of your career. 

• Like 2

If that's what he wants fair play to him.

"Look at this FA Cup winners medal I got, from when I sat on the bench for 90 mins. I did play in round 3, against Brentford though, so I really earned it." 

I'm not even saying he should sign for us. I just think he's better than being a back up keeper, and at his age he should be a number 1, and playing every week.  

Edited by dAVe80

For a minute I thought you were all talking about Andy Carroll - gave me a scare there.

Ah yes all those Spurs references fooled you. ;)

FWIW I actually like Andy Carroll but he's from the Jack Wilshere school of refuelling and conditioning hence his million preventable injuries. 

Begovic is too good to sit on a bench every Saturday, playing League cup football. Disappointed but not surprised.

Poor decision by assmore benchovic

He'll have great times travelling europe and the world, collecting medals with Chelsea but in his heart of hearts he'll know they'll all be a bit false having been their no.2.

Loans no problem with them ..look at Everton 2 seasons ago loaned Lukaku , Barry , Deulofeu this helped them achieve a good league position , more prize money , more recognition  and they ended up eventually signing all three.

For a minute I thought you were all talking about Andy Carroll - gave me a scare there.

Ah yes all those Spurs references fooled you. ;)

FWIW I actually like Andy Carroll but he's from the Jack Wilshere school of refuelling and conditioning hence his million preventable injuries. 

I just skimmed through at first.

Even without the injuries I wouldn't want Carroll - he's like a poor man's Benteke, and when I say poor man I meant somebody with literally no money.

Looks like El Ahmadi is going to the far east for €8m, nice profit there for feynoord. Our new transfer strategy should involve picking up players purely with the intention of selling them to places like Qatar and making 800% profit within a year. [emoji14]

• Like 1

For Carroll I'd say permanent deal or nothing, can't see point in us developing him and spurs getting the rewards just like walker

100% agree, no point to loan signings

There are if they're better than what we'd be able to sign.

Chicharito would never come to Villa, that said, I'd love it if he did, he's good poacher

You'd have to pay him a grip. I reckon he'll end up here in MLS, where some team will indeed do that.

most likely he will sign for a club like napoli or go back to mexico