Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Moses is better than Townsend. Although he can look very bad at times, he is decent technically. That's why Martinez liked him. He is capable of better end product also. Townsend lacks any intelligence.

This is the main issue I have with signing him. His whole game seems to be too geared toward getting his head down and running and if he's around the box having a shot, no real finesse or intelligence, for £10-12M there are better players out there.

Edited by penguin
  • Like 2

Delph is definately worth 20 million. Even rubbish English players get close to 10 million. Hes still 25 and has a four year deal.

I have a feeling some team has met the Benteke clause (probably when it was initially announced) and have agreed to keep it quiet until we do our business like Tottenham did before they eventually sold Bale.

Its too quiet.. even from Bentekes side/agent. We are bidding big chunks of money at a fullback (Amavi) and a goalkeeper (Begovic). We have a team to rebuild and Tim and Tom probably know they will only get about 15 million to spend normally. So if they get 30 from Benteke.. 40 million to spend sounds reasonable.

So then what do we need? Were obviously in the market for a goal keeper and a full back.

Goalkeeper 7 million.

Right back 7 million.

Left Back - 5 million

Centre back 4-5 million.

Midfielder 10-12 million

Striker 10-15 million.

Second striker 5-6 million.

Will that be enough? I would think if Benteke goes we need two strikers. Austin and maybe a potential overseas gamble like Benteke was.

So thats possibly around 50 million to spend. I assume we will sell Guzan for a smallish fee. 2-3 million.. probably back to the states. Gil 2-3 million. Senderos very minimal fee. 1-2 milllion.

If Benteke isnt sold.. then we are in trouble...

Of course all this changes if we have a new owner who wants to spend say 25-30 million.

Either way.. it will be an interesting summer.

Now that is what I call real speculation. You are in the the right thread.

That's the idea right;)

• Like 2

Moses has done nothing whilst on loan at Liverpool or Stoke. Townsend is a far superior player. 

No chance.

He had a very good season this year as well, extremely impressive WhoScored rating, would hardly say he's done nothing there.

• Like 1

Moses has done nothing whilst on loan at Liverpool or Stoke. Townsend is a far superior player. 

Thought Moses was good at Stoke personally.  I'd rather have him than Townsend.

• Like 2

Both Townsend and Moses are very limited overpriced, overpaid players .

Don't rate any of them, not consistent enough to offer more than the odd highlight every 5-10th or so game

Edited by sne

Moses had an impressive run at Stoke then got a big injury which was unfortunate. They still want to sign him permanently but apparently he isn't interested in the move - a bit stupid if true because that is a ideal move to help kickstart his career.

Edited by Isa

Moses has always looked like a cart horse whenever I've seen him. I'd rather we did something revolutionary and looked to places around Europe for players. How much would Pione Sisto or someone like him cost compared to those two?

• Like 1

Victor Moses is decent but I think he's too influenced by money these days to be fully motivated which I doubt Sherwood is looking for in attitude.

Hardly played at Chelsea, went to Liverpool on loan and hardly played after the first 6 weeks. He did well at times at Stoke but again he seems to be turning his nose up at going there permanently.

Probably end up at West Ham.

International play doesn't always translate well to club play. Ochoa and Howard had an amazing world cup for their nations, but Ochoa couldn't even start for his club team, and Howard had a poor season. 

• Like 1