Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Townsend would be a welcome addition for me.  With Gill, Grealish, Sinclair and Benteke (fingers crossed) we could have a decent pacey attack, although we might need another quality striker to play off (cover) Benteke.  If we can find a ‘good’ replacement for Cleverley (box-to-box with a few goals) and strengthen the defense we would have something like a decent squad.

Edit. IMO

Edited by Gary Thomas

What year was that? Weren't we interested in him and then signed Lowton instead?

Because he turned us down I believe.

His agent messed us about so Lambert went elsewhere out of Principle ... Same reason Lambert didn't sign Cresswell

He was probably right on both counts but sometimes you just have to accept what is and pay the blood sucker his money

Linked with Ogbonna in Italian press

Saw this but he does say he wants to play in European competition which would rule us out... Is he any good?

Had a great couple of years with Torino bossing strikers and playing a great physical game but coming to Juventus he struggled a little with the tactical aspect of their style.

Then again they have some top talent in defence so he was always competing to look good.

Came with a high reputation so I'd expect him to get a move to a club with European football, we might have a chance though as we pay significantly more than most clubs, especially in comparison to Italy. 

From a Hull fan:

Huddlestone's had an operation on a 'long standing' ankle injury apparently, gonna miss pre-season and be back around the first game. From what Bruce has said we'll be keeping hold of him xcrying.jpg.pagespeed.ic.S0JUvBQcMA.png

:thumb:

Seems like rubbish to me. Trying to drum up interest.

Linked with Huddlestone and its complaining that its a typical English signing from Sherwood

Linked with Ogbonna and its rubbish 

:lol:

• Like 1

Linked with Huddlestone and its complaining that its a typical English signing from Sherwood

[emoji38]

Nobody is good enough for Villa

Except i'm not calling the player rubbish merely the link.

But you carry on.

He's clearly saying the link is rubbish.

But hey ho, you continue.

Edited by StefanAVFC

He's clearly saying the link is rubbish.

But hey ho, you continue.

But isn't he saying that Huddlestone gets linked and it's taken as gospel (with lots of complaining how it's a typical English Sherwood signing). We're linked with Ogbonna and the link is immediately dismissed as rubbish.

• Like 3

linked to this guy: http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/06/aston-villa-make-enquiry-for-ternana-youngster

Aston Villa Make Enquiry For Ternana Youngster

Felipe Avenatti - TernanaAston Villa have reportedly joined Frosinone and Cagliari in the race to sign Ternana striker Felipe Avenatti.

The 22-year-old Uruguayan bagged 10 goals in 36 matches in Serie B last season as Ternana finished in 12th place.

According to TernanaNews.it, the Premier League side have enquired about Avenatti’s availability as they look to strengthen their forward line.

Newly promoted Serie A side Frosinone are also keen on the player as they embark on their first ever season in the Italian top flight, while relegated Cagliari are keen to bounce straight back to the top division.

Avenatti signed a four-year contract with Ternana in 2013 following his move from River Plate.

But isn't he saying that Huddlestone gets linked and it's taken as gospel (with lots of complaining how it's a typical English Sherwood signing). We're linked with Ogbonna and the link is immediately dismissed as rubbish.

The two sources that these two links originate from are completely different.

Mirror/Mail might be awful papers but they aren't as bad as Tuttomercatoweb.