Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

If we sign Huddlestone or Vardy i want Sherwood gone

I've been one of his biggest backers on here since he took over but those two jokers for a combined fee of 20 mill would be rediculous

I wouldn't pay 5 mill for the both of them

I do think it depends on the outlay. As you say, if it's £20m then that would be a joke. I wouldn't be head over heels about them arriving at all, BUT if they came for good money then I could live with it. The Huddlestone one doesn't make sense though and I hope it's just a lazy link to a player he knows well from Spurs (I haven't checked dates but I assume they were there together).

I could easily imagine Huddlestone replacing Cleverley as our box to box midfielder :P

6 yard to 18 yard box?

Neither are.good enough or don't even have the potential to become good. Not.what we need. They may be decent for one season or two then they'll become bomb squad members. You don't pay big transfer fees for these types of players.

Southampton should be used as a blueprint on how to run a bloody club.

It seems very easy but I'm sure it's not.

Stop speculating here and use your ITK powers on the kit thread. Good man.

got 8 goals last season, hardly set the world alight. Rather sign Austin in that case as he be guaranteed goals

Austin is 25.

This kid would come nowhere near the price of Austin. Austin £15m supposedly this kid is £5m.

For me he is a replacement for Weimann with much much more potential.

Also if you have seen him play he offers much more than just goals.

He will be superb for Southampton.

I'm not advocating him as a replacement for Benteke but if Southampton do play with Pelle and Juanmi it could great for them.

Edited by dudevillaisnice

I've been waiting for this link to Huddlestone to appear since Hull went down & alas here it is.

I personally think with Delph (assuming we go with s three man midfield) & another mobile centre mid player with a good engine it could possibly be a good combination, what Huddlestone lacks in mobility he does have a great range of passing & he can hit some good strikes.

5.5m seems steep but that's the way the market is. Well us the fee seems steep.

Edited by mightysasquatch

I said it a while back, but whoever Tim wants to bring in we should wait to see how they perform in a villa jersey before making any judgements. He knows how he ultimately wants his villa to play, we don't, and he'll know the kind of players he needs to make it happen.

I'm not going to, and I don't think anyone else should, preemptively rubbish any signings before they play and we see what he's got in mind

Why? for example Huddlestone isn't going to gain an extra yard of pace at this stage of his career to not be a liability in any setup. We have done it with every manager before him and some have changed the style of play, I don't see why Sherwood should be any different; if anything it should be the opposite considering the lack of transfer market experience he has.

We haven't signed Huddlestone. And of we do it'll be because he's being brought in to play a specific role the manager wants him for, like everyone rise he signs. At least wait to see what those roles are and how they do in it first

He is 22 so not really that much in the age difference when he could be another Aspas. Spanish league is huge difference in style and physique

"Another Aspas" that's how I know you haven't seen him play. Like I said he has much more to his game and far more than Aspas will offer.

3 years headstart on Austin. I'd consider that is a big difference.

Also he hasn't just been playing the centre forward role he has been playing many roles for Malaga.

I'm sure in the next few months when people talk about him they won't be comparing him to Aspas.

I said it a while back, but whoever Tim wants to bring in we should wait to see how they perform in a villa jersey before making any judgements. He knows how he ultimately wants his villa to play, we don't, and he'll know the kind of players he needs to make it happen.

I'm not going to, and I don't think anyone else should, preemptively rubbish any signings before they play and we see what he's got in mind

Why? for example Huddlestone isn't going to gain an extra yard of pace at this stage of his career to not be a liability in any setup. We have done it with every manager before him and some have changed the style of play, I don't see why Sherwood should be any different; if anything it should be the opposite considering the lack of transfer market experience he has.

We haven't signed Huddlestone. And of we do it'll be because he's being brought in to play a specific role the manager wants him for, like everyone rise he signs. At least wait to see what those roles are and how they do in it first

Hence I said example.

Hull basically had the team built around him and still got relegated. I've already said no matter what role he plays he will be a liability and he has proven that at both Hull and Tottenham.

I don't think Sherwood is stupid enough to sign him luckily.

Edited by dudevillaisnice