Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I think he should leave as he is injured for most of the season and he makes drastic mistakes that cost us!  I would like Nathan Baker and Cairan Clarke as our central defenders, no nonsense centre backs, ball comes in head it out, hoof it out, nothing fancy if its in our box get rid as far as you can none of this passing to the keeper or passing across the back as those two actions are a recipe for disaster!!!

I think he should leave as he is injured for most of the season and he makes drastic mistakes that cost us!  I would like Nathan Baker and Cairan Clarke as our central defenders, no nonsense centre backs, ball comes in head it out, hoof it out, nothing fancy if its in our box get rid as far as you can none of this passing to the keeper or passing across the back as those two actions are a recipe for disaster!!!

I think you haven't seen Clark and Baker playing at the back? Chuckle Brothers comes to mind.

Made mistakes and injury prone but on his day he is very good.Ultimately like Cleverly it another (if he goes) player out the door with no funds recieved in order to replace them.

Early days but it is all quite worrying at moment...

Sherwood two weeks ago..

"I've told Ron I want him to stay and he's said he wants to," said Sherwood.

"So his representatives are going to talk the club and I'm confident something can be done. Are we close? Well, put it this way, we're not a million pounds away!

"He's a man who is quite rightly in demand but I can see him being here next season.

"Ron's going to have a lot of options. He's not long come back from a World Cup where he had a really good tournament."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9861165/tim-sherwood-hopeful-ron-vlaar-will-stay-at-aston-villa

i would like to see a top quality cb brought in ..ryan shawcross, 

i think baker & ron v should be moved on .... i base my thoughts on finishing 17th & been terrible at the back all year,  its not good enough & i hope tim is ruthless is showing the door to a few

Have we been terrible at the back all year though. Im sure before the Arsenal game we had one of better defensive records in the league

do you not remember all them glorious 0-0 games around Christmas ;)

I imagine Shawcross is out of our league, simply because of the money that Stoke would want for him.

Maybe Ashley Williams is more of a realistic option?

Have we been terrible at the back all year though. Im sure before the Arsenal game we had one of better defensive records in the league

do you not remember all them glorious 0-0 games around Christmas ;)

did you watch  ron play v southampton ? 

clarke has improved . the rest have been very poor..

I imagine Shawcross is out of our league, simply because of the money that Stoke would want for him.

Club captain. Signed a new contract last summer.

Can't see it being realistic.

Honestly think keeping Vlaar is important whether you rate him or not as no real clear cut options out there.

I just hope this doesn't open the door for Caulker as it would be a total waste of money.

all this buying quantity v  quality has done villa no good, the likes of baker/ okore/westwood/cissokho/lowton/guzan are all not up to taking aston villa to the dizzy heights of mid table. if you not good enough ..clock out,& shut the door  behind you,im racked off of this club being a laughing stock & year in year out playing tidy winks with relegation 

Edited by cbr600rr
  • Like 1

Who is Cairan Clarke? :lol:

For ****'s sake. Not even a week since our final game of the season and people are lining up to buy razor blades!

#VillaFans

What you possibly don't understand, is that a lot of us who post on here are Brummies. Brummies by their very nature are pessimistic. Add an underachieving football team to the mix, and you should probably have us on suicide watch!

Im Swedish (and we've just had the coldest and wettest May in 35 years) so the same goes for me

• Like 2

Starting to see what Delph saw in January. ........

Oh wait....... yep, firmly believe nobody was after him.

He would've had offers no doubt considering he would've been on a free.

Yeah a current England international in his prime wouldn't have been flooded with offers because a 30 yo injury prone player on the back of an awful season hasn't been inundated with better offers than ours! Makes perfect sense.

i like the name dropping game on here as its interesting to see who people rate and would like to see in a villa shirt despite it being completely unrealistic, my turn, steven caulker :-p

seriously though, clearly baker and clark cant play together, but who has preference of play over the other? and either would need a leader next to them, okore is young and not that leader yet.

I think there were signs of Clark being that leader when playing alongside Okore. The more I think about Richards on a free, the more it makes sense. We'd have Clark, Okore, Baker and Senderos with Richards who can fill in, as well as playing right back. I think like with Sinclair, he would be worth a punt as he's still the right age. We are going to have a right job trying to replace Vlaar and Cleverley on our budget so we might have to try and fix some damaged goods and stretch the money as far as we can. It's what I find so worrying about Sherwood publicly casting aside so many players who we are going to need as we can't replace them with better.