Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I think we need two fullbacks. Robertson is the best option for me of the guys who are mentioned, but Mings sounds interesting too. On the right back I would very much like Thomas Meunier from Brugge, but he is probably unrealistic. Trippier could also be a target.
If Vlaar goes we need a right-footed centreback. Okore is fine as a starter for me, but with the injury problems that our central defenders have, I think we need to bring in someone with quality. Simon Kjær has been rumored to english football lately, and he has really been good in Lille the last couple of seasons, but he is maybe also out of our reach.
We need a central midfielder as well with Cleverley going. I don't know who that could be but i definitely like a guy like Stefan Johansen from Celtic. Bayerns seems to be willing to sell Højbjerg for something like 13m this summer as well, and that would be fantastic, but it looks like he has decided to stay anyway.
We need a winger as well. People have previously mentioned Sisto, and I think he could be amazing for us, but he seems to be going to Porto. 
As a striker I think a swap deal where we get Bamford+money for Benteke would be ideal. 
If this happens we will have a very young and exciting squad. However, I know this isn't Football Manager, so it seems rather unrealistic. I just thought I would like to bring ins some new names who are on the market.

I liked the look of Robertson overall. It's worth noting that he mainly played as wing-back so held a higher position but he is extremely quick, which I always think can compensate for some defensive frailties and looked capable on one-on-ones. Obviously he is Sherwood's type of full-back.

We're the 17th placed english team, 

The only thing we can offer that's better than Hoffenheim is possibly a bigger salary.

Bundesliga is just as good a league as the Premier League

We're the 17th placed english team, 

The only thing we can offer that's better than Hoffenheim is possibly a bigger salary.

Bundesliga is just as good a league as the Premier League

Potentially in terms of quality. But the premier league has a special spark that no other league has. 

Looking over let's say the last 5 or so seasons,

Schalke, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg i'd say are usually about the level of Spurs or Pool or better.

Bayern are better than any PL team and Dortmund have apart from this season been at least as good as the best PL teams.

Not much to give between the teams in the middle of the leagues from year to year, and as for the bottom teams they are teams performing badly in both leagues. No idea who's worse

As for Villa i'd say our German counterpart is Hamburg, Big historically successful club who is being run in a terrible way

• Like 2

So based on transfer speculation, I see us lining up like so next season (??? indicates an undecided area):

---------------------Guzan / ???-------------------------

Trippier------Vlaar / ???----Clark--------Robertson

-------------------------Westwood / ????--------------

-----Gardner / ???--------------------Delph----------

-------------------Bamford-----Grealish---------------

---------------------------Austin-------------------------

Relegation fodder, or good enough to finish in the top half? All depends on who fills those "???" positions, I suppose.

So based on transfer speculation, I see us lining up like so next season (??? indicates an undecided area):

Relegation fodder, or good enough to finish in the top half? All depends on who fills those "???" positions, I suppose.

For me I see that side finishing bottom of the league, Trippier ok player robertson ok player both in relegated sides Gardner not tested in prem as is bamford. Austin good player but needs to play with another striker imo.

Im concerned as to who we will get but the quality needs to be alot better which I fear wont be and therefore im sure we will go down. Wigan were always in the bottom relegation battles and then finally went down law of averages shows if were there again we might not be so lucky.

My word that's awful.

• Like 4

I think this is the first season of our numerous struggles where I do not think to myself 'oh, we will be fine just 1 or 2 additions'.

This is the first season where I feel that either we spend, or we go down in style.

My word that's awful.

Doesn't fill you with confidence, does it? It's all just pure speculation, and we could end up signing non of the players we've been linked to obviously. I'm pretty sure our starting line up next season will be stronger than last. I think if the Benteke money is used wisely, we can get some quality in. 

I think the Premier League is superior to the Bundesliga. Apart from Bayern theres not that much quality. 

Wolfsburg?

I don't think are at the same level as the top Premier League sides yet. Dortmund certainly were.