Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

George Friend (MIddlesbrough) has been linked with us today. Can't find the link at moment.

I thought he was their best player in the play off final. Seemed good on the ball and got forward a lot. Looks a higher quality than Bennett so maybe if Boro want him back we could do a swop.

Evans is shite and overpaid so no thanks. No rejects from the top 4, outside of UK and the better players from the Championship please

You mean literally restrict our net only to players in the Premier League?

sorry, appalling punctuation from me there:

No rejects from the top 4, but instead let's focus on outside the UK and better players from the Championship.

In hindsight, my sentiment really wasn't clear in that post :lol:

• Like 3

I'd rather see Adebayor in a Villa shirt than Berbatov, he's well past his prime and just looking for another paycheck. At least Adebayor has a point to prove and there's a good chance Tim can motivate him. Neither of these would be a first choice though imo. We should be going after Austin, even if there's a chance Benteke might stay.

• Like 1

Is Alexandar Mitrovic to Newcastle a done deal?

If not I much rather we spend our (potential) Benteke money on him than Austin

Edited by sne

George Friend (MIddlesbrough) has been linked with us today. Can't find the link at moment.

I thought he was their best player in the play off final. Seemed good on the ball and got forward a lot. Looks a higher quality than Bennett so maybe if Boro want him back we could do a swop.

Rumours Middlesbrough want Matthew Lowton..

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/middlesbrough-eye-move-for-aston-villa-defender/

Middlesbrough are interested in Aston Villa right back Matthew Lowton, according to the Telegraph.

The 25-year-old joined Villa from Sheffield United in 2012, for a fee of around £3 million, and has only played 13 times for the Villains this season, and has Alan Hutton and Leandro Bacuna ahead of him in the pecking order.

He’s one of three full backs who Tim Sherwood is willing to ship out of the club, as he prepares to reshape his Villa squad. He, along with Aly Cissokho and Joe Bennett, are on the transfer list, and Villa will listen to any offers for them.

Middlesbrough showed an interested in the Sheffield United academy product last summer, before signing Emilion Nsue and Damia Abella, but the offer of signing him on the cheap has caused Karanka to reignite his interest.

Boro went through a vast number of right backs last season, playing Nsue, Damia, Ryan Fredricks, Tomas Kalas and Dwight Tiendalli there, before trying centre back Rhys Williams and midfielder Dean Whitehead in that position.
Edited by Villan4Life

Is Alexandar Mitrovic to Newcastle a done deal?

If not I much rather we spend our (potential) Benteke money on him than Austin

Mitrovic 20 goals in the Belgian League is not really an improvement on Austin 18 in the Premier League

• Like 2