Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Jonathan Walters? ffs. I think I'd end it all if we signed him. Effing useless.

(just to clarify, this was in response to a suggestion on the last page and we haven't actually been linked with him, so don't panic)

Edited by lexicon

(just to clarify, this was in response to a suggestion on the last page and we haven't actually been linked with him, so don't panic)

More goals and assists than anyone but Delph and Benteke. 

In the league, he got 4 assists. One fewer than Bacuna, who I still don't think is good enough to be a first teamer.

He scored 8 goals, which is respectable but still not enough for me to want to sign him - he's a clogger.

Have you been playing FM? Every single time I don't use Villa, I always see us sign walters. 

My plans:

Out:

Benteke 35m

N'Zogbia 3m

Weimann 3m

Lowton 2m

Senderos 1m

Vlaar

Joe Cole

Tonev

Sylla

Luna

Helenius

Richardson

Bent

In:

Aleksander Mitrovic (10m - FW )

Chicharito (10m - FW )

Michu (Free -FW )

Leroy Fer (8m - AM)

Jonathan Walters (Free - RW)

Bakary Sako (Free - LW)

Abate (Free - LB) or Jonathan (Free - LB)

Carlos Zambrano (Free - CB)

Fabian Schär (8m - CB )

Rene Adler (5m - GK)

44M In

41M Out

------------------------Adler------------------

Hutton----------Schar---Clark-------Abate

--------------Delph-------Sanchez----------

Sako--------------------------------------Fer

------------Chicharito----Mitrovic----------

Not that it's even close to possible but is Abate really available on a free?

(he plays on the right, by the way)

Edited by a m ole

My plans:

Out:

Benteke 35m

N'Zogbia 3m

Weimann 3m

Lowton 2m

Senderos 1m

Vlaar

Joe Cole

Tonev

Sylla

Luna

Helenius

Richardson

Bent

In:

Aleksander Mitrovic (10m - FW )

Chicharito (10m - FW )

Michu (Free -FW )

Leroy Fer (8m - AM)

Jonathan Walters (Free - RW)

Bakary Sako (Free - LW)

Abate (Free - LB) or Jonathan (Free - LB)

Carlos Zambrano (Free - CB)

Fabian Schär (8m - CB )

Rene Adler (5m - GK)

44M In

41M Out

------------------------Adler------------------

Hutton----------Schar---Clark-------Abate

--------------Delph-------Sanchez----------

Sako--------------------------------------Fer

------------Chicharito----Mitrovic----------

Not that it's even close to possible but is Abate really available on a free?

(he plays on the right, by the way)

£3 million for N'zogbia we will be lucky to get £3 and a bag of cheese and onion crisps for him!

Reckons we want Callum Wilson

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-targeting-bournemouths-callum-5799391

Aston Villa are set for a fresh move for Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson to replace Christian Benteke.

Villa boss Tim Sherwood has vowed to bring in fresh faces after Saturday’s FA Cup Final demolition at the hands of Arsenal.

Villa enquired about 23-year-old Wilson in January but balked at the £7million they were told they would have to pay for him.

Since then Wilson has gone on to shoot Bournemouth into the Premier League for the first time in their history.

The Coventry-born forward ended the season with 20 goals in the Championship and 23 goals in all competitions.

Liverpool are among the clubs keen on have Benteke. Sherwood admitted last week that he is powerless if someone triggers the Belgian frontman’s £32.5million release clause.

If that bid does materialise then Villa are ready to firm up their interest in Wilson

I would be very happy to get Wilson, he's a decent player. Dont see why they would sell him at all though, they arent short of a bob and would take a silly bid I would think.

Doubt there is much in it but he is definitely a good player.

So far all the names linked with replacing Benteke with the exception of probably Austin have been pretty woeful in comparison

Lets hope we have better targets in mind or we don't sell him because we will be in trouble otherwise

Edited by AshVilla

I like the Lyon president's comments about Liverpool trying to sign Lacazette. We should refer them to this when they come calling about Benterkay.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-told-forget-alexandre-lacazette-5800578

“Your information is false. Liverpool have not called and what European cup are they playing in? They have neither the means nor the interest,” the Lyon president posted on Twitter.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Milan have been trying to get rid of Abate for years - he's their Darren Bent - is on huge wages. Will go to Russia or Middle East I reckon.

This winner / loser business has really thrown a spanner in the works for Summer Speculation 2015 thread. Don't know who falls into which category....

I wonder how it's calculated.

Milan have been trying to get rid of Abate for years - he's their Darren Bent - is on huge wages. Will go to Russia or Middle East I reckon.

This winner / loser business has really thrown a spanner in the works for Summer Speculation 2015 thread. Don't know who falls into which category....

I wonder how it's calculated.

Agreed, he's crap.