Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I'd stay well clear of anyone from a relegated side. Leroy Fer for example has now been relegated twice.

I understand what you're saying but would you turn down either Trippier or Heaton from Burnley?

I wouldn't personally.

• Like 2

I'd stay well clear of anyone from a relegated side. Leroy Fer for example has now been relegated twice.

I understand what you're saying but would you turn down either Trippier or Heaton from Burnley?

I wouldn't personally.

Personally i think we have a more than adequate goalkeeper who is being frozen out. Not convinced with Trippier either.

I wouldn't use players from a relegated side to build a new spine. It's ok for Spurs to go for trippier, Ings to Liverpool etc because they have a solid spine. One or two maybe would be fine but anymore and I think it'll be a problem.

This is a much better explanation of what I meant. 

• Like 1

Depends who it is though, I'd take Trippier and Ings from Burnley, Austen from QPR and Robertson from Hull in a heartbeat.

Trippier £3,1m

Ings - free

Austin - £8m

Robertson - £4.4m

add Heaton - £2.2m

these prices are based on transfermarkt, so they are just something to go by (apart from Ings, he's still rated at £9m, but he's out of contract).

Seems like a few bargains can found in the relegated teams.

On that note, why is everyone going on about Austin being worth £15m. If he were in the situation of a Benteke than maybe yes, but he plays for a relegated club, with financial problems and has only 1 year left on his contract. All reasons to lower his price.

Depends who it is though, I'd take Trippier and Ings from Burnley, Austen from QPR and Robertson from Hull in a heartbeat.

Trippier £3,1m

Ings - free

Austin - £8m

Robertson - £4.4m

add Heaton - £2.2m

these prices are based on transfermarkt, so they are just something to go by (apart from Ings, he's still rated at £9m, but he's out of contract).

Seems like a few bargains can found in the relegated teams.

On that note, why is everyone going on about Austin being worth £15m. If he were in the situation of a Benteke than maybe yes, but he plays for a relegated club, with financial problems and has only 1 year left on his contract. All reasons to lower his price.

No way is anyone getting the players for the prices listed there. Even Ings will cost something.

I would definitely be interested in Phillips and Austin from QPR, 2 standout players for them. I'm sure Tim could strike a deal with his mates there.

I've always liked Fer too, but that has not much to do with his real life attributes, but being an integral part of my all conquering Villa side on FM a few years back.

I don't buy the idea that you shouldn't sign players just because they played for a relegated side. There are often gems in those squads that just happened to be around weak players. Good players can come from anywhere, you've just got to spot them and then develop them. I don't buy this 'losers' and 'winners' thing myself.

Alex Song anyone, still not wanted at Barca and West Ham aren't taking the option to sign him permanently. Quality player IMO.

Cracking player, but too many barriers in the way I would have thought. Would be a great signing though.

I agree. We shouldn't not sign a good player just because he came from a relegated team.

Also, it's going to be very difficult for us to attract players from promoted teams or established mid table teams. I don't think we've got the big-club pull factor that we had in the MON era.

It depends hugely on where in the team Sherwood wants to change things and how many new players he thinks we need.

Has Sherwood not made a rod for his own back, with his recent comments about losers. Surely anyone being signed from a relegated team would be considered a loser, in footballing terms, especially QPR. I say 'rod for his own back' but it probably wouldn't be a bad thing