2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

We have 149 pages in this incarnation of the fantasy takeover topic. It's all based on a few tweets and nothing else.

But please keep it to just the takeover. Thanks.

Fantasy takeovers? You got it!

I'd love it if Bilbo Baggins, The Ultimate Warrior and Jackie Chan's character from Police Story came together in a consortium and bought us from Randy.

Although they might want to re-name us The Ultimate Aston Hobbit Villa Football Club, but I'd allow that, as long as Bilbo slotted into central midfield to finally replace the gaping hole that Barry Bannan left.

Batman. He's rich. (preferably Adam West incarnation, he's more fun)

Pfft I just looked up his net worth and batman is only worth about $11bn.

I want someone so rich that money isn't an issue.

Smaug wouldn't be bad... Think of what we could buy with $60 billion

http://www.forbes.com/special-report/2012/fictional-15-12/fictional-15.html

...I hope we actually hear something official soon, all this not knowing is bad for my(mental) health.

Ha our collective concsiousness is like a fat depressed teenage bird, this thread has been through wild drunken excitement at potentially getting laid by a rich american and now is resorting to self loathing and fantasy after not hearing anything for a couple of weeks.

Seriously, exclusivity period of 6 weeks story broke aroun 8th of June, it's been a month since then not 6 weeks. Exclusivity agreement is probably complete lockdown from both sides to avoid leaks. Relax, we will have some news before July is out.

Coudl be good, could be bad, as useless would say, it's 50/50.

• Like 3

A poster on r/avfc is claiming that there are strong rumors that the new owner is Phil Knight and the announcement will be made tomorrow. Anyone can post in that thread so could be a troll but let me just say it would be incredible if he was the buyer. He's the co-founder of Nike and worth over $20 billion.

A poster on r/avfc is claiming that there are strong rumors that the new owner is Phil Knight and the announcement will be made tomorrow. Anyone can post in that thread so could be a troll but let me just say it would be incredible if he was the buyer. He's the co-founder of Nike and worth over $20 billion.

He stepped down as Nike Chairman a couple of weeks ago, and is transferring $13 billion of his stock into a new LLC he has set up called 'Swoosh'. The Swoosh board consists of him, a Nike CEO, a FedEx CFO, and an E-bay CEO which makes a very interesting group.......

• Like 2

I've seen those rumors on a few other forums. But would be strange considering he's in his eighties.

So is the Ultimate Warrior and Jackie Chan's character from Police Story. Unfortunately this may rule out Bilbo.

• Like 2

Thread can be found here if anyone is interested...

[strong Rumours] That Phil Knight is our new owner, Co-founder of Nike. Also there's people saying that staff at VP are saying 4:30pm tomorrow we will know.. Could be bollocks, but I'm excited.

There won't be any such announcement tomorrow, not of that nature.

• Like 1

Â