2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

I've just realised this probably means Tony Adams want's to sack Sherwood and put himself in the role!.. I'm gonna take a cold shower I think I'm being dramatic!... please tell me I am :(

no, just no, that will never happen :unsure:

Edited by KHV

I think it's a load of nonsense. Fox stated less than a month ago Lerner was not actively looking to sell, and also the next DOF will not be a former football manager. Sherwood is to have the final say on transfers and any person 'upstairs' is to do with analyzing player performance/training, rather than 'football matters'. Having set up the club in one way why would they reverse this to another structure?

• Like 1

Genuinely puzzled at the hostility towards this. Surely the only question is if it will put club on a better financial footing and able to make progress in terms of footballing competence and league position. It's not about the opinions people have formed of the individuals involved through watching a few minutes of them talking on TV. 

Not sure that's fair.

My biggest concern that they don't even have enough money to buy the club, never mind money for transfer and that's a worry I've seen shared quite a lot.

• Like 3

I mean honestly, engage your brain and think logically about how likely this actually is.

It's not is it. They can posture as much as they like, anyone can. We could literally launch a bid ourselves. We even know journalists on here, a few Villa Talkers know people with serious cash.

Would it happen? Could it? I guess anything is possible but the likelihood is so slim I'll not waste time worrying about it until presented with cold hard facts.

So Adams and his drinking mate sit in the pub and decide "hey, lets go buy Aston Villa" and then go to city money men and say "hey, we want to buy Villa but we got no money so will you give us some ?".

How does this get column space ..... its a load of tosh !!! #nostory

If this happened I could only see it as being a Mike Ashley version two with tony Adams there to crack off banter to make the fans feel better about the inevitable sales of benteke delph etc.

Genuinely puzzled at the hostility towards this. Surely the only question is if it will put club on a better financial footing and able to make progress in terms of footballing competence and league position. It's not about the opinions people have formed of the individuals involved through watching a few minutes of them talking on TV.

My hostility towards it is the saddling the club with £75m debt to be able to buy the club. We are losing money ATM how will it be paid back? Using the new TV money? Then how will we invest? We need a buyer to pay the fee outright then any extra income can go to improving the team.

• Like 3

My opinion on whats happening here:

I do believe there is a great deal of truth in Tony Adams involvement and the guys backing him have been linked before. 

Over the Christmas period we kept being linked to a group from Azerbaijan, rumours stuck around for a while and then seemingly disappeared. The group that was mentioned were called Gilan Holdings.

Tony Adams went to manage in Azerbaijan in 2010 for a season taking charge of a club called Gabala FK, which there is an interesting article about here -  http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/tony-adams-a-mysterious-tycoon-and-their-grand-plan-for-smalltown-azerbaijan-1971212.html.

The article states the club would be given ''unlimited funds" for transfers and development.

It later came out that the club was owned by Gilan Holdings. 

This article was produced in January http://www.contact.az/docs/2015/Social/011900103420en.htm#.VUuvd4ffing which seems to indicate a man called Kamaladdin Heydarov was behind it all. 

A further article about him can be found here where he is described as 'the Abramovic of Azerbaijan'  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/wikileaks/8299344/WikiLeaks-William-Harry-and-the-Abramovich-of-Azerbaijan.html

So basically it's all very feasible and these Azerbaijanis  (I presume thats that you call them!) are probably using Tony Adams as the head of there consortium as they will have a good relationship with him and they are probably new to British investment. A bit of Research on Gilan Holdings indicated they are involved in both oil and construction to name just two, so people who think this is instantly a bad thing should think again.

I also remember reading a while back about Azerbaijani ownership linked to players like Falcao when he moved to Monaco. 

So yeah, Tony Adams isn't exactly exciting but this whole thing could actually be sorta awesome. Or a disaster. Who knows. 

Edited by avfcwills10
  • Like 1

I don't think it's anything to do with Gilan Holdings. Why would they secure a £75m loan against the club?

The Times claim contact was first made just before christmas around the time of the Gilan Holdings rumour but I don't see it being them.

The Times also claim Adams has no significant role in this takeover at this point and why his name is involved is a "mystery"

Personally don't think Gilan Holdings is involved at all.

The main hope is that - by most accounts - they aren't the only bidders. I don't share the same faith in Lerner as some others but if there are multiple parties that meet his asking price, then I'd like to think he'll choose those with the most sustainable vision.

I don't think it's anything to do with Gilan Holdings. Why would they secure a £75m loan against the club?

The Times claim contact was first made just before christmas around the time of the Gilan Holdings rumour but I don't see it being them.

The Times also claim Adams has no significant role in this takeover at this point and why his name is involved is a "mystery"

Personally don't think Gilan Holdings is involved at all.

You may be right, but the £75 loan may simply not be true. It also doesn't mean they don't have money, see Man utd.

But what on earth are the chances of Tony Adams knowing another group of Billionaires? The previous links and his connection to the group are awfully coincidental to say the least. 

Â