Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

• 2 weeks later...

More Polandball:

69ZK0Hs.jpg

(and yes, there are a couple of references to people who were killed after the picture was drawn) 

wiki

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polandball

Polandball, also known as countryball, is a user-generated internet meme. The meme began on the /int/ board of Krautchan.net in 2009. The meme takes the form of large number of online comics. The comic represent countries and are drawn as balls. The balls interact in broken English and poke fun at national stereotypes andinternational relations. The comics style are called both Polandball and countryball/s.

• 2 weeks later...

You have to sort the wheat from the chaff. There is a lot of chaff. 

Anyway, Austin, Texas:

nDXNO0q.png

Very strange boundaries.   Do you think the people of Bee Cave Road are like the people of the Black Country and get mortally offended should anybody suggest they live in the city? 

Texas incorporation law is a weird and wonderful thing. Cities have broad powers to annex unincorporated areas and periodically do so (Houston perhaps most notoriously):

776px-Harris_County_Houston.svg.png

Bee Cave Road is Barton Creek, an unincorporated portion of Travis County.

Barton Creek is a census-designated place (CDP) in Travis County, Texas, in the United States. As of the 2010 census, the CDP population was 3,077.

As of 2000, Barton Creek is the wealthiest location in Texas by per capita income with a population of at least one thousand.

I'm not sure whether that's due to it being favored by University professors and state bureaucrats or because Michael Dell lives there (or both, I guess).

C86hHC6.jpg

That is cool. Excuse me while I stick it on FB.

I also really like this one. In terms of population you have 5 of the worlds top 10 in the circle. India, China, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Indonesia.

Â