The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

The whole situation is puzzling. TS last year was up and shouting at the players giving plenty of emotion and energy. He seems to be accepting his fate now and going through the motions. I would love to know what is happening behind the scenes. Are the players and staff with him, is this the real issue at the club. He just does not seem the type of man who would sit down and accept defeat. His positive approach and energy is what saved us last season and he seems to have lost this now. 

• Like 1

A lot of fans think we'll go down this season anyway so ask yourselves this; would you rather Moyes, Sherwood or some other manager try to bring us back up? 

be over the moon with moyes. I doubt he will come.to us. For me has to be between him and Rodgers. I think Rodgers is more of a gamble though

There's absolutely no benefit to relegation, none.

No fan should be contemplating it as in any way a good thing. It could destroy the club entirely. It could condemn us to perpetual time in the lower leagues with every second sapping whatever we have left to try to turn or around.

Relegation is unacceptable, unjustifiable, and simply cannot be allowed to happen.

To that end we have to give ourselves the best chance of surviving and to do that we need a proven manager, a safe pair of hands, and that certainly isn't Sherwood.

Destroy the club entirely!? How!?

The whole situation is puzzling. TS last year was up and shouting at the players giving plenty of emotion and energy. He seems to be accepting his fate now and going through the motions. I would love to know what is happening behind the scenes. Are the players and staff with him, is this the real issue at the club. He just does not seem the type of man who would sit down and accept defeat. His positive approach and energy is what saved us last season and he seems to have lost this now. 

I don't think it's a case of Sherwood accepting defeat, it's more to do with him not being able to find the solution. 

He's tried 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 and 3-5-2 and all have resulted in defeat. Unfortunately Tim has run out of ideas 

I too would love to know what goes on behind the scenes, and how much attention the coaching staff actually put into the opposition. From what I see, it appears they take this "just go out and play football" approach which doesn't work, hence why Tim has been out thought by almost every manager he's come up against this season. 

For or all his passion and enthusiasm, they are no substitute for thought and intelligence, and the quicker the club take action the better. 

There's absolutely no benefit to relegation, none.

No fan should be contemplating it as in any way a good thing. It could destroy the club entirely. It could condemn us to perpetual time in the lower leagues with every second sapping whatever we have left to try to turn or around.

Relegation is unacceptable, unjustifiable, and simply cannot be allowed to happen.

To that end we have to give ourselves the best chance of surviving and to do that we need a proven manager, a safe pair of hands, and that certainly isn't Sherwood.

Destroy the club entirely!? How!?

look at Leeds. That will happen to us 

It seems strange. AM, PL and now TS. Ignore the management skills for a minute but they all start well and then just seem to fade away and look as though the weight of the world in on them, They can not all be this poor surely, Is there something behind the scenes that is happening they can not control and leaves them ending up looking like they do.

Sociedad at home to Atletico Madrid today, and a couple of the back pages this morning suggesting Moyes would be up for the Villa job. 

Maybe Sherwood's two game ultimatum won't be too far wrong- if Sociedad lose heavily and Moyes is sacked, a week or so of negotiations and he could replacing Sherwood shortly after the Swansea game regardless of the result.

Personally I would take Moyes here in a heartbeat. 

It seems strange. AM, PL and now TS. Ignore the management skills for a minute but they all start well and then just seem to fade away and look as though the weight of the world in on them, They can not all be this poor surely, Is there something behind the scenes that is happening they can not control and leaves them ending up looking like they do.

Yes, our chairman wants out.

You could get thee pics of them all and they would all be sat on the bench hands on knees looking glum and devoid of ideas. It is really strange. TS is doing this now to an extent just accepting his fate. I for one thought he was a fighter, even if he is not the best manager tactician I thought he would be up and down giving it his all. I mean the crowd have not turned on him yet but he still seems to be hiding. May be there is nothing in it but it is strange, just look at all the back room staff we gave had problems with including RK. We are running out of scapegoats and need to get to the root of the problem, the team do not seem to be as one even when celebrating a goal. Something is wrong somewhere.

the pathetic interview he gave when we lost to Leicester told us all we need to know about him. He gives it the biggun that he's this positive up and at it character but as soon as things don't go his way he doesn't know how to deal with it. Seriously that interview scared the shit out of me. It smacked of an unstable person who isn't capable of controlling his emotions.

a psychologist would have a field day with him. 

We have a child managing our football club.

• Like 1

I can't really understand Tim saying Chelsea were flukey yesterday.

Admittedly I've only watched highlights of the match and have looked at the stats.

From the way I saw it, whilst we had more possession, we didn't do anything with the ball and didn't play to the strengths of 'the best header of the ball in the premier league' - it's clear that if Gestede plays we need to be a bit more direct and get balls to him.

The decision to continue playing out from the back is also baffling, especially when the team are now bereft of confidence (well, they are losers and will be crying in the corner) and on the back on 7 defeats and a draw.

It wasn't just the gifted first Chelsea goal as a result of playing out from the back. Yes, it was a poor pass from Guzan and poorer control from Lescott but it happened time and time again - Richardson and Lescott were attrocious and scuffed passes to one another resulting in more chances for Chelsea. It could have been five or six....

The problem is the players are being told to play from the back and are doing as instructed. The way we play is down to the manager, he picks the team, sets them up and guides them during the match. It clearly isn't working due to tactical naivity and inexperience.

Tim prides himself on his 'winning mentality' and how this is reflected in his team but now he sits and sulks in his seat, and sadly this is also reflected in his team.

In my opinion (no evidence of this at all) but I don't think the players like him, rate him or respect him.

We've given Tim a chance, but his record sadly speaks for itself. This, and alienating players by calling them losers or not his transfer targets and continually clutching defeats from the jaws of victory has almost made his position untennable.

The plug needs pulling, the button needs pushing and the fat lady needs to warm her throat.... Tim, I'd like to say it was nice but it's been appalling.

• Like 3

I think some fans sound like West Ham fans, with the demand above all else for entertaining football. It's ridiculous. Football is about winning first.

We need to start playing "The Aston Villa Way"  :D

• Like 1

I think Mcgliesh was a disaster from start to finish but the club does appear to be a bit of of graveyard for managers since O'Neill left. The curse of Lerner perhaps? 

the club has always been a graveyard for managers. Bar o'Neill no manager in the last 2 decades or so has gone onto do anything worth of note. 

Not sure what it is.

We aren't a club that would benefit from a Moyes type manager at the moment imo, we need an allardyce/pulis type to come in for a few years, steady the ship, get us safe and in shape and then go for a more progressive Moyes type manager. Unfortunately, those type of managers are now employed.

Why do we always wait so long? Sherwood has to go but who comes in? The way we are now, the way the club is owned and ran, we will just continue to destroy the careers of these well regarded managers.

Until Lerner goes, the backroom goes and we are effectively a reborn club, nothing will change at villa. We are in a depressing decline that will end in relegation until the current regime are gone and even once new owners come in it could take time to get rid of the hang over. In short, we are doomed for now.

Sherwood has to go, but unless there is a basic, nasty football type ship steadier willing to risk it by coming to our poisoned gaffers chair for a few years then what is the point of it? Moyes won't succeed with the way things are, its hard to imagine anyone will.

I've started to just accept that maybe we need to go down to do ourselves a favour long term by it giving us a chance to get rid of Lerner and deadwood on and off the pitch and start a difficult rebuilding process. Because as it stands, limply fighting relegation year upon year is slowly killing us anyway, let's just get it over and done with and start again. Without Lerner. Without Sherwood.

Â