The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

To the people who think football doesn't exist outside The Premiership, please read the following:-

David Moyes has a job at Real Sociedad in Spain.

He's not very good at it.

I hope this clears things up.

I keep reading stuff like this but he has managed Sociedad for 38 games (a full season's worth) and got 48 points in that time. Hardly disastrous. Upon arrival, he was primarily tasked with steering them away from the drop-zone, which he did. They haven't made a very good start this season but then his sides always did start slowly. He isn't doing anything special there perhaps but this idea that he has failed seems exaggerated.

Sociedad finished 4th and 7th in the seasons before he took over with practically the same players with just Griezmann and Bravo leaving

Moyes is much like Big Sam... practical football, set pieces, long balls and defensive.... so, no thanks. 

I just really want to be able to enjoy watching Villa again.

Edited by villakram

I understand the sentiment, but I can't get my head around it, personally. Too depressing. We'd lose every decent player we have, attendance would plummet, and it would be a long slog back. Even if we got promoted straight away, we'd still probably be shit. And then we'd go through the relegation dance all over again.

As interesting as playing in a lower division might seem to some...for me it's a nightmare.

do we have nay decent players? We have been in relegation battles for 6 years now

as for attendances they arent exactly bringing out the Sold Out signs

I understand the sentiment, but I can't get my head around it, personally. Too depressing. We'd lose every decent player we have, attendance would plummet, and it would be a long slog back. Even if we got promoted straight away, we'd still probably be shit. And then we'd go through the relegation dance all over again.

As interesting as playing in a lower division might seem to some...for me it's a nightmare.

do we have nay decent players? We have been in relegation battles for 6 years now

as for attendances they arent exactly bringing out the Sold Out signs

Grealish

Gil

Adama

Gana

Richards

Amavi

I think these 6 represent true quality. And if a bit more consistent, You could add another 4 or 5 to that list. We have plenty of decent players and even some damn good ones, it's just that the manager doesn't know what he's doing.

As for attendances, my point stands. They will plummet from what they are now.

• Like 2

Sociedad finished 4th and 7th in the seasons before he took over with practically the same players with just Griezmann and Bravo leaving

Aye but the fact is they made a terrible start to last season and were said to be a bit of a mess at the time. They have an aging squad also. They should be aiming for a return to the top-half this season I agree but then Moyes' teams always start the season slowly. 

There's absolutely no benefit to relegation, none.

No fan should be contemplating it as in any way a good thing. It could destroy the club entirely. It could condemn us to perpetual time in the lower leagues with every second sapping whatever we have left to try to turn or around.

Relegation is unacceptable, unjustifiable, and simply cannot be allowed to happen.

To that end we have to give ourselves the best chance of surviving and to do that we need a proven manager, a safe pair of hands, and that certainly isn't Sherwood.

I think people think that way out of a "burn-it-to-the-ground" and start over kind of nihilism, and it's an understandable response to the tension of being where we happen to be at the moment -- on the bottom. Sometime it's easy just to let go and say, "**** it, let's go down and start over."

But like I heard Neil Warnock say the other night on the radio, people forget how hard it is to get out of the Championship league.  

Edited by Plastic Man
  • Like 2

I'll never understand why someone would want to go down playing attacking football. Why is using and organising  a defence such an upsetting proposition? 

Exactly. Some would argue we played attacking football at Leicester. I never want to see another game like that, let alone a whole bloody seasons worth. 

You can only consider a team as an attacking team so long as they are also capable of defending. Otherwise its not attacking, its suicidal stupidity.

Relegation is never a good thing.

If we go down, Lerner will cut even more to try and get back more money and there will be even less chance of a sale. We'd be more likely to drop even further as it'd be a huge shock for a club already comatose. Sorry, but relegation over a managerial choice? **** bonkers. If you can show me that a 1-0 with entertaining football gets more points than a 1-0 win with a solid performance gets you, I'll back you. But it's not how things work!

Edited by DK82

There's a difference between attractive football and effective football

Sometimes you have to win ugly we do not seem to have this in our locker

I'd take a couple of 1 - 0's against teams in our current position in a heartbeat at the minute because points are points i couldn't care less if we pass it round like Barcelona or pump it up to the front man

Winning is winning do whatever it takes

• Like 2

There's a difference between attractive football and effective football

Sometimes you have to win ugly we do not seem to have this in our locker

I'd take a couple of 1 - 0's against teams in our current position in a heartbeat at the minute because points are points i couldn't care less if we pass it round like Barcelona or pump it up to the front man

Winning is winning do whatever it takes

exactly.

I'd like rowett 

he is a really good manager. But why is he going to swap a team in complete freefall for a side doing so well in championship? 

I'd we were not in such dire situation maybe but noway will he come here now in my opinion 

Â