The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

A season in the Championship could potentially be more interesting than yet another season of struggle.

It could also potentially send us into a complete and utter tailspin for years

A season in the Championship could potentially be more interesting than yet another season of struggle.

no different than we are currently on ;)

If we didnt sack the last manager after 2 terrible barren runs last season then I be surprised if they get rid of Tim so quickly

Yeah, but this is our worst start to a season in what, almost 30 years? And so much more is at stake nowadays with TV money. Relegation is worse than it ever was for a club like Villa.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

I have my beef with Sherwood and some of his decisions but this shit has been coming for years, The foundations are crumbling now. There's no clear picture as to what kind of club we are and we have no identity. 

Relegation could keep us down for years or it could. like our previous brief encounter, lance a lot of the poison and build us some momentum. 

I'm not sure any manager can stop the rot in its current form. It appears to be ingrained. 

we had 6 points from our 1st 9 games 3 seasons ago and we survived in the end.

Well we only have 4 from 9 right now, so the sooner he is out the club the quickier we can start to gather some wins.

Do you think its simple that a new manager will just generate wins. Football doesnt work that way. Klopp didnt get a win today either did Big Sam our alleged messiah

What John Richardson the Journo like? He got any rep? Sounds like he's been talking to Moyes who said he would leave Sociedad for Villa.

Not sure if that's a good/bad thing. Not sure how he can just up and leave his current role either.

EDIT: Ignore, it was him saying Bale was going to Man United in the summer. 

Edited by supernova26

as for going down it doesnt bother me, football in Premier League is highly unenjoyable especially when the club has no ambition in general

Rather compete in a league we might win some games and not be miserable every saturday

Would agree but I know too many baggies fans

I'd have to disappear for a year if we went down

David Moyes is the gremlin from Gremlins (not the cuddly Mogwai)... I think I would welcome him here though... Get him in the stands for the Swansea game - a bit of karma for Sherwood (joking of course).

Being a Villa fan is like a circle in a spiral, a wheel within a wheel etc. I was really positive over the summer, but now I think I am as confused and deflated as Tim must be. I want to pull the wings off crane-flies.

I'm sure Forest and Leeds fans find it a right laugh down there. 

Life goes on. I know a Forest fan, he isn't suicidal. And look, it's probably going to happen, so you're just going to have to get used to it, whether you want to or not. Be a grownup about it. 

• Like 1

To the people who think football doesn't exist outside The Premiership, please read the following:-

David Moyes has a job at Real Sociedad in Spain.

He's not very good at it.

I hope this clears things up.

I keep reading stuff like this but he has managed Sociedad for 38 games (a full season's worth) and got 48 points in that time. Hardly disastrous. Upon arrival, he was primarily tasked with steering them away from the drop-zone, which he did. They haven't made a very good start this season but then his sides always did start slowly. He isn't doing anything special there perhaps but this idea that he has failed seems exaggerated.

Edited by Isa

I never denied that but the fact that we experience the same shit every season in the Premier League has made me a lot less fearful of going down.

Â