The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

he tightened the defence up but the football is atrocious to watch and nothing going forward

they were a free scoring team until he turned up. 130 goals the 2 seasons previous and think they have has 32 in 30 games since he took over

sick of negative managers

Guardiola isn't available at the moment though.

I just don't understand how we are meant to play, We have a big man upfront, but we have no wingers and no one that crosses the ball, we have two play makers on the pitch, but we have noone that will make runs. We play with attacking fullbacks, but we don't have anyone that will cover the fullbacks when they are up the pitch, everything seems so random. If we play with Gil and Grealish both on the pitch we HAVE to use some one that is more mobile than Gestede upfront. If we use Gestede we have to use two proper wingers, which Gil and Grealish are not. Gana (I like him) and Westwood do not seem to make any runs at all. Therefore there seem to never be any options upfront.

I am a fan of Gil, but he is no winger, he is to slow and to weak to play on the wings, plus we are playing with a right footer on the left and a left footer on the right, which means they will hardly ever cross the ball. But when they go infield they have no options anywhere as there is no one making any runs anywhere on the pitch. 

If we are gonna keep Gestede upfront, I would not hesitate in putting Amavi on the wings, as he is great going forward and crosses the ball decently. 

----------Ayew/Grealish---Gestede-----------------

Amavi--Gana---Westwood---Grealish/Adama

Could work, classic wingers that cross, to a big man + long balls for gestede to head on to ayew or a central attacking grealish. 

If the wingers continue to bomb forward like they are I feel we need Sanchez in midfield, so that he can slot into the back when the fullbacks are missing. 

So something like this. 

---------------------------------------ayew-------

Grealish(on the left coming inside) ------ ---------------------------------------Gil (on the the right coming inside)

---------Gana (bombing forward)---Westwood/Veretout(bombing forward)

-----------------------------Sanchez playing VERY deep

And the two fullbacks providing the width with sanchez covering for them. when they are in the attacks. (hutton though is the worst player in the league when he is in the final third of the pitch)

Sherwood does not seem to have a gameplan and just throws random players in random positions. Need to change something.... And I feel that when I can see more tactically than the manage, then he should NOT be our manager.

• Like 4

I have my concerns about Moyes too, but we need a steady hand to guide us out of the mire, and I think he's a good enough manager to do it. 

We need a rescue job, and if we grind out points ugly, so be it. We can worry about positive, flowing football next year, IMO.

• Like 2

Moyes has been poor in his last 2 jobs, Everton could be his Alan Curbishley at Charlton. A club suited to him and maybe wont do better elsewhere

He might come in keep us up but his current trend isnt that positive

I just don't understand how we are meant to play, We have a big man upfront, but we have no wingers and no one that crosses the ball, we have two play makers on the pitch, but we have noone that will make runs. We play with attacking fullbacks, but we don't have anyone that will cover the fullbacks when they are up the pitch, everything seems so random. If we play with Gil and Grealish both on the pitch we HAVE to use some one that is more mobile than Gestede upfront. If we use Gestede we have to use two proper wingers, which Gil and Grealish are not. Gana (I like him) and Westwood do not seem to make any runs at all. Therefore there seem to never be any options upfront.

I am a fan of Gil, but he is no winger, he is to slow and to weak to play on the wings, plus we are playing with a right footer on the left and a left footer on the right, which means they will hardly ever cross the ball. But when they go infield they have no options anywhere as there is no one making any runs anywhere on the pitch. 

If we are gonna keep Gestede upfront, I would not hesitate in putting Amavi on the wings, as he is great going forward and crosses the ball decently. 

----------Ayew/Grealish---Gestede-----------------

Amavi--Gana---Westwood---Grealish/Adama

Could work, classic wingers that cross, to a big man + long balls for gestede to head on to ayew or a central attacking grealish. 

If the wingers continue to bomb forward like they are I feel we need Sanchez in midfield, so that he can slot into the back when the fullbacks are missing. 

So something like this. 

---------------------------------------ayew-------

Grealish(on the left coming inside) ------ ---------------------------------------Gil (on the the right coming inside)

---------Gana (bombing forward)---Westwood/Veretout(bombing forward)

-----------------------------Sanchez playing VERY deep

And the two fullbacks providing the width with sanchez covering for them. when they are in the attacks. (hutton though is the worst player in the league when he is in the final third of the pitch)

Sherwood does not seem to have a gameplan and just throws random players in random positions. Need to change something.... And I feel that when I can see more tactically than the manage, then he should NOT be our manager.

Spot on mate, have been saying this for some time!

There weren't any sherwood out chants, plenty of Tim sherwoods C&B army and a few sherwoods give us a wave chants in the first half, was very surprised by it

There has been no anti Sherwood chanting at the games which is no real surprise given we are nine games into the season and the guy over achieved on what he was tasked with last season. We would have to be a pretty shallow bunch to be chanting for the manager to be sacked so early into a new season on the back end of him making a huge contribution to keeping us up and getting us to a cup final in the previous one.

I think a loss to Swansea and that may well change. I hope though we don't get to that stage as that will mean we have lost another game and obviously as supporters that is not what any of us want.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Moyes has been poor in his last 2 jobs, Everton could be his Alan Curbishley at Charlton. A club suited to him and maybe wont do better elsewhere

I'd take Moyes' mailman at this point

he tightened the defence up but the football is atrocious to watch and nothing going forward

they were a free scoring team until he turned up. 130 goals the 2 seasons previous and think they have has 32 in 30 games since he took over

who do you want then?

somebody that plays good football, rather go down trying to attack instead of another season of playing turgid football and making up the numbers

Did someone say Alan Curbishley.

That's who we'll get! I was trying to find someone at exactly the right level of Desperate, but the name just wouldn't come to me. Probably do better than Tim tbf, assuming we can't get Moyes.

To the people who think football doesn't exist outside The Premiership, please read the following:-

David Moyes has a job at Real Sociedad in Spain.

He's not very good at it.

I hope this clears things up.

Oh. So you're a Spanish football expert too?

• Like 2

who do you want then?

somebody that plays good football, rather go down trying to attack instead of another season of playing turgid football and making up the numbers

Rather go down than... Etc

just.. Wow. 

Go On Tim help a friend in need ;) www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34564609

Swindon Town: Mark Cooper leaves League One club

Swindon Town have parted company with manager Mark Cooper.
The League One side's chairman Lee Power will take over on a temporary basis, reports BBC Radio Wiltshire. 
Swindon confirmed Cooper's departure after Saturday's 2-0 defeat at Millwall - their eighth successive game without victory.
The Robins are 20th in the table, above the relegation zone only on goal difference and without a win since 5 September.
Cooper had been in charge since August 2013, guiding the club to the play-offs last season where they lost 4-0 to Preston in the final.

A job at his managerial skill level. 

who do you want then?

just.. Wow. 

Whats the point in just making up the numbers every season?

Its not enjoyable for anybody

who do you want then?

just.. Wow. 

Whats the point in just making up the numbers every season?

Its not enjoyable for anybody

neither is relegation

We have had about 7 shit managers in a row, not played good football since 2003/04 and worst of all is not that other fans think we are shit they actually think we are irrelevant and just making up the numbers

*you can probably say that last part for Sunderland, Newcastle and West Brom as well*

as for going down it doesnt bother me, football in Premier League is highly unenjoyable especially when the club has no ambition in general

Rather compete in a league we might win some games and not be miserable every saturday

Â