The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

i think it's a fair comment - overall it was an even game. we were better first half, they were better second. we should have seen out the 1-1 easily enough but decided to hand them the 3 points on a plate.

• Like 1

Getting caught in possession is a problem for most teams....but we seem to have a bad habit of conceding goals from the pesky problem

It is a symptom of many things that are wrong for me and a clear indication of progress ,when you do it less.....it will take time.

Edited by TRO

We are talking about gaining more creativity to score goals , but in fact we are still miles away from being able to defend well.....We are wide open.

I'm not necessarily talking about being out muscled at the back post by Dann or losing the ball in vulnerable positions like Amavi did.

We as a bunch lose the ball all the time, we either give it away cheaply through poor passing or poor running off the ball or just get mugged on the ball through a mixture of lack of skill/physicality/determination.

for me we have a bunch of problems not just one.....much work to do IMO.

ps I would be saying that if we won today on the showing.

Edited by TRO

Sherwood says we deserved a point. What **** game was he watching?

Same one that I was watching. Should have been at least 1 up at HT and then we gave them a goal. Could have been 2 - 2. We could have won. We deserved a point for sure, even though we were 2nd best in 2nd half.

Set us up well, made the right decision to bring on Traore (the wrong to take off Sanchez, mind) but leaving so many tired legs out there was a poor decision. 

We actually played better today than against Bournemouth or Man Utd IMO - so some encouraging signs. 

So far everyone loves Sherwood and rightly so with the activity in the transfer window and his refreshing approach.. The team will be given time to gel but we really need to start picking up points in the process. Sunderland is a must win or else the pressure could already be turned up a notch. This league is ruthless.

• Like 1

We are talking about gaining more creativity to score goals , but in fact we are still miles away from being able to defend well.....We are wide open.

I'm not necessarily talking about being out muscled at the back post by Dann or losing the ball in vulnerable positions like Amavi did.

We as a bunch lose the ball all the time, we either give it away cheaply through poor passing or poor running off the ball or just get mugged on the ball through a mixture of lack of skill/physicality/determination.

for me we have a bunch of problems not just one.....much work to do IMO.

ps I would be saying that if we won today on the showing.

I agree with this. Our ball retention is terrible. What's all that about?

I agree he just isn't a RB and his mistakes are costly just the same as Clark.

If we play Traore we need someone really defensively solid behind him and that isn't Bacuna.

Was it Crespo that was translating instructions to Traore when he was waiting to come on? I wouldn't be surprised if Crespo becomes first choice right back to play behind Traore especially with them both being Spanish.

Like Richards.

Amavi - Lescott - Okore - Richards

That would be a top defence

(I'm not keen on Richards at centre back)

Seriously...Richards isn't going to play rightback. Why people continually post it I don't know.

Because that is my opinion.

Like Richards.

Amavi - Lescott - Okore - Richards

That would be a top defence

(I'm not keen on Richards at centre back)

Seriously...Richards isn't going to play rightback. Why people continually post it I don't know.
Because that is my opinion.

He's a centre half. Not a rightback.

Â