The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

maybe he hasnt made a big enough impact to keep us up but he has made a big enough impact to give us a chance of staying up.

Go back to the famous Hull game, every thread people said we were gone, no hope back etc.

But we shouldn't be judging Sherwood on his performance relative to Lambert, otherwise it's nigh on impossible for him to fail.

We should be judging him on what other managers could have done with us from the same position.

We were not unsaveable when Sherwood took over. If we go down then he has still failed, regardless of how well he's done in comparison to Lambert.

(I feel like I have to caveat every post with the fact that I think he will keep us up)

• Like 3

You can't just ignore the state we were in when he joined. If we don't stay up then he wasn't good enough and failed but right now we've improved in all areas we wanted to and have given us a chance to survive.

• Like 1

You can't just ignore the state we were in when he joined. 

Of course not.

But the point is nobody is saying he hasn't improved us.

People being critical are worried about our survival.

Being better than Lambert doesn't make him a success. Keeping us in the league will.

If the points haul is 1 per game - we have to improve or at the very least maintain that agaist stiffer opposition.

IMO if we got one win where we didn't expect it - then its pretty much do able....

Directly after the Blackburn v Liverpool game  .....there was a profile on the "Crazy Gang".....It was Bitter/sweet.

There are tons of reasons why that would not work today, but by christ I had to watch in envy at the sheer disregard they had for the opposition...sure there are times they were OTT and sure there were unpalatable incidents..... but there was also something about them to also be admired.

I just loved their sheer determination to protect  their own pride and how they managed to put the fear of god in to the opposition, to negate their lack of ability. were they going to get steamrollered, never, were they going to lie down and die, never, were they going to stand off and admire the silky skills of the opposition....are you having a laugh.

I don't want Villa to be another Wimbledon, but I can't help getting envious of their sheer determination to survive and i would love even just a bit of that in us.

SHEER DEFIANCE.

• Like 2

Apologies if linked already/elsewhere:

Ex-Tottenham boss Tim Sherwood says he holds no grudges against his former employer ahead of Sunday's (AEST) return to White Hart Lane with Aston Villa.

Sherwood spent six months in charge at the London club after Andre Villas-Boas' departure in 2013 and will make his return needing points to keep Villa's English Premier League survival bid on track.

Having taken over at Villa Park in February, Sherwood says he is relishing the challenge of keeping the club in the top flight.

"I was pleased with what I did (at Spurs), but I respect the decision made by Daniel Levy and his board, they've been good for me," he said.

"They only made that decision based on what they believe is best for the football club.

"They have to make that decision. I haven't got to agree with it. I just move on.

"I thank them for not being there now as it is the reason I am at this fantastic football club."

Villa is three points clear of the relegation zone with six league games to play, while it also faces Liverpool in the FA Cup semi-finals on 19 April.

Link here

Apologies if linked already/elsewhere:

Ex-Tottenham boss Tim Sherwood says he holds no grudges against his former employer ahead of Sunday's (AEST) return to White Hart Lane with Aston Villa.

Sherwood spent six months in charge at the London club after Andre Villas-Boas' departure in 2013 and will make his return needing points to keep Villa's English Premier League survival bid on track.

Having taken over at Villa Park in February, Sherwood says he is relishing the challenge of keeping the club in the top flight.

"I was pleased with what I did (at Spurs), but I respect the decision made by Daniel Levy and his board, they've been good for me," he said.

"They only made that decision based on what they believe is best for the football club, its ashame they made the wrong one!

"They have to make that decision. I haven't got to agree with it. I just move on.

"I thank them for not being there now as it is the reason I am at this fantastic football club."

Villa is three points clear of the relegation zone with six league games to play, while it also faces Liverpool in the FA Cup semi-finals on 19 April.

Link here

Typical Sherwood :P

He was asked questions about his time at Spurs. Just like when he was asked about Harry Kane upon his England debut. He did not choose to talk about Spurs or Harry Kane. He's also a "young" manager and has no other experience to draw from.

I think that is worth clarifying.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Sherwood on Harry Kane!!

“But at the moment with Christian banging the goals in like he is and Gabby playing like he is, I don’t think I have room for Harry.''

LOL

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-poch-thanks-sherwood-kane-input-233213149--sow.html

Clearly taking the piss there, only haters going to take that seriously.

He was asked questions about his time at Spurs. Just like when he was asked about Harry Kane upon his England debut. He did not choose to talk about Spurs or Harry Kane. He's also a "young" manager and has no other experience to draw from.

Hes 46 - I know he doesn't look it.

Sherwood on Harry Kane!!“But at the moment with Christian banging the goals in like he is and Gabby playing like he is, I don’t think I have room for Harry.''LOLhttps://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-poch-thanks-sherwood-kane-input-233213149--sow.html

Clearly taking the piss there, only haters going to take that seriously.

Yeah I know. Looking at the Spurs forum he's pissed a fair few of them off with it!!

Hence the inverted commas...

Sorry, fancy words again!

;)

Hence the inverted commas...

Sorry, fancy words again!

;)

Respect - you have me there !

• Like 1

Â