The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Well that's stupid then.

Yep.

I can't really work it out. Surely it's not a sense if entitlement anymore? I don't understand why football fans cannot accept that their team will lose from time to time and just accept that as par for the course.

• Like 1

So...

Sherwood out?

How about we try and remember, this is the Premier League. You win some you lose some. You draw a few now and then too.

I'm not allowed to question his experience, or decisions?

Really?

So...

Sherwood out?

How about we try and remember, this is the Premier League. You win some you lose some. You draw a few now and then too.

Really?

Questioning is fine. What I've never understood is the massive swing from week to week.

O'Leary was right, we are fickle. We just didn't like him.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

So...

Sherwood out?

Really?

Questioning is fine. What I've never understood is the massive swing from week to week.

You mean people are happy when we win, and sad when we lose?

That isn't fickle.

So...

Sherwood out?

Really?

You mean people are happy when we win, and sad when we lose?

That isn't fickle.

I know. I'm sad too. I think we're a bit over analytical at times. The game today genuinely could have gone either way, I don't think blaming the manager is conducive to forward progression.

Doesn't make me any less gutted than you. This is one hell of a lonely train home.

Edit - I think I'm probably a bit riled up by the full time booing. Pathetic that. Small time.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Came down to subs today.The introduction of Montero, £4m by the way, won them the game.Westwood and Weimann had no positive effect on the game at all.

Mind you, Swansea are building a very nice team there, plenty of pace, and options on the bench, and Ki , yet again against us, completely run the show.

• Like 1

Defeats do not bother me as such, it is more the manner of the defeat which will either aggravate or placate my mood. We played okay today, created clear opportunities and responded well to conceding a goal against a top 10 side. I do believe (and hope) we will finish the season as we started by ending in winning form, I suspect we will hit 40 points when all has been concluded. UTV

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 2

Seems some can't wait to have their preconceived negatives confirmed !

He isn't a messiah, but he isn't an idiot, he does change tactics, we do have an entire defence out injured, Swansea murdered Liverpool for an hour last week, and are a decent side, and we crested chances enough to win ( as did they).....winning 4 games in a row is a rare event !!

Whilst we weren't great we played our part in an entertaining game, a point wouldn't have been unfair, and there was the much craved for positive approach.

Also makes me laugh when some start saying we should be more defensive, tighter, shut up shop etc - how has that worked out for us the last two years ?

And I see the gil fan club have made their mind up he must play, yet - though I like him- how can anyone possibly know, know,from what we've seen so far, that he would do the job needed. He might, but he isn't mess I or maradonna.

Some were a bit too quick to carried away with Sherwood after three wins in a row, but that has been more than matched in the opposite direction tonight !!

:blink: Not really disagreeing with your post but the defence thing? That's like our best back 4 practically. I'm not even sure we need Vlaar back the way Clark and Okore are playing

Came down to subs today.The introduction of Montero, £4m by the way, won them the game.Westwood and Weimann had no positive effect on the game at all.

You make an excellent point. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I did think at the game that Gil and Grealish would have been better options than Weimann and Westwood. I won't criticize the manager for that though as he has been here a handful of weeks, is still getting to know the players and in fairness has already gotten more out of them than his predecessor did for the vast majority of the season.

I am still supremely confident we will stay up. We played a decent team with no pressure what so ever on them and I thought a draw would have been the fair result but if any team did deserve to win it was them.

Had it not been for two goals in the last few mins of two games Sherwood could be sitting on a record of 2 wins, 2 draws and one defeat in 5 league games. As it is we have taken 6 points under him when it could have easily been 8.

I am happy with what I have seen overall under him so far and if we continue to apply ourseles in the same way, and I am confident we will, then we will definitely do enough to stay up.

• Like 3

Ki is a really good footballer no doubt. Montero had the best 30 minutes I've seen him have.

Can't really level that one at Sherwood.

Westwood played well.

Montero is an awesome player. What he did today wasn't out the ordinary.

It was clear to me that Monk could see that our full backs where getting forward lots in the 2nd half, so brought on two pacy wingers to counter it and exploit the space left behind, and it worked unfortunately. Was just one of those days where it could have gone either way, we'll win games like this and we'll lose them. It's football. I think TS is giving Aston Villa her groove back, and with a bit more work may be the exciting beast we know she can be.

We've beaten Albion who are terrible away from home - and Sunderland - who were just woeful. ( Granted we probably wouldn't have won those had we not changed the manager) - But weve lost to Newcaste, Stoke, and now Swansea - my conclusion it doesn't take much of a team to beat us. Still think 2 wins and a draw will do it - Ideally we could with a freak result against on the big boys..

I did have some gripes about how Sherwood handled the subs and failed to attempt to counter the clear threat of Montero, but equally I thought he deserved credit for the way he got the team playing in the second half after a nervy opening.

He'd clearly seen the problems and got his message across to the team as to how to address it and we were much improved, certainly from 45 to about 70 minutes. I thought we bossed that period in the first half of the second half. It did go a bit flat after that it's possible different substitute decisions could have made the difference, who knows.

But as much as we might want to slate Sherwood for what he didn't address towards the end (when we didn't have many subs left mind you) I think he did well at reorganising the team at half-time, so it's clear he has that ability to spot and address our weaknesses.

I'm pretty damn nervous now just because we have such tough away games and there's so little room for error in the remaining home games, but we're creating enough to go into those games with some confidence.

• Like 2

Â