The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

What is wrong with you all?? It's been two sodding games and tbf we do look look better. He's not a magician, no manager is going to suddenly make this shower of shite (who have been shite for five years now) amazing.

Villa fans really make me despair at times.

Yep, I'm with you here. 

photo.jpg

"We have to take something from every game between now and the end of the season.

"There was a little bit of anxiety, we are trying too hard to hit the front man too early.

"People talk about we have quality, what I saw was heart and desire but I need to see more quality and I think we are capable of it."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/31523058

That's cool-headed, cogent analysis, at least.  More insightful than almost any Lambert post-match utterance.

No chance imo. You clearly don't like him but I'm not sure why you'd think he would do that.

If go back and read my opinions of Sherwood getting the job before jumping to conclusions.

My bad, I just assumed you didn't like him based on this post;

Now's the time to stop chatting **** about Spurs and Harry **** Kane and looking at your own face in the papers all the time. Knuckle down, get to know stuff out about our players and focus on us instead of Tottenham.

In fairness he makes a valid point, the majority of the effluent leaving Sherwood's gob since arriving at Villa has been all about how great he was at Spurs. Needs to sort it out!

One crucial mistake last week and we'd have a point.

One defensive lapse today and Newcastle scored the winner, and never looked like doing anything else. We put the ball in the net twice but were (clearly) offside, but we created chances too. Zog, Cleveley, Benteke all had chances that should've resulted in a goal.

Sherwood is running out of time, but he just needs to finish above 3 other rubbish teams that are also not winning. 2 points from the last two games was easily realistic but we've come away with nothing.

We need to get our shit together, and a bit of luck, and beat the Baggies!

I do like him but I also stand by that bit you have quoted. He may be doing a really good job sorting us out behind the scenes but all I ever see or hear about him or from him is about bloody spurs, Harry Kane, spurs youth and win percentages. But on the flip side, I love his confidence and honesty. The other factor is that I'm just in a bloody bad mood after today's result and am being a nob who may not mean what he is saying :P

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

As much as I supported the appointment and want him to do well, there has been no change in these two games from Lambert.

When was the last time a new manager at PL level lost his first two games?

With the situation we're in we needed a firefighter not a rookie.

Edited by VillaChris

I still think we look better under him than lambert. When he came in we all said we'd take going down if we saw better football. I'm not saying today was a brilliant showing, but it's an improvement. Tactically he obviously has a lot to learn, and I'm sure we're down, but I'd rather see us down under him than lambert!

I cannot see us getting points. I'm usually very realistic about our position and ability.

Yet from three games I thought we'd have 7 from we have zero.

On that basis alone relegation is all but confirmed for me. Short of us pulling out a title ruining victory against one of the big boys to make up the difference

We are like that feeling of jumping into a bath that is tepid.

Utterly frustrating, disappointing and hope that you never have to do that again.

As much as I supported the appointment and want him to do well, there has been no change in these two games from Lambert.

When was the last time a new manager at PL level lost his first two games?

With the situation we're in we needed a firefighter not a rookie.

This.

Did anyone actually watch the game? Was a big improvement on last week, Sinclair was poor imo and im guessing Gil isnt 100% fit, i bet he starts v WBA though.

To judge a manager after 2 games is a joke, bunch of fickle fans.

I did.

It was actually pretty much the same as last week.

Decent first half, with poor defending leading to them getting a goal.

Poor second half. 

Poor substitutions.

The only difference was we didn't have the positive of scoring a goal.

I'm not sure what he could have done differently really.

The players are so poor at the moment. I don't think there's currently a specific 11 and formation that would see everything click into place.

Much bigger job than I thought it would be, I really thought a bit of organisation and new ideas and we'd see early results. But the reality is Lambert has left him with a squad that can barely do the simple things.

• Like 1

Â