The 2015 General Election

tonyh29

General Election 2015  

178 members have voted

1. 1. How will you vote at the general election on May 7th?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Regionally based party (SNP, Plaid, DUP, SF etc)
    • Local Independent Candidate
    • Other
    • Spoil Paper
    • Won't bother going to the polls

This poll is closed to new votes

Looks like the parties have finally bothered to start campaigning at all in my area. Came home to a leaflet from the Tories the other day, who seem to know it's a complete waste of time bothering here as they seem to have just put up something approaching eye candy as a candidate and also included a leaflet for the local council candidate. Had the Labour leaflet last night which again they needn't have bothered with as there's little chance they don't hold this seat. And came home today to a Ukip leaflet which I've barely looked at but seems to have the expected grey old white bloke in a crap suit on it. If the weather picks up over the weekend all shall be smouldering nicely soon enough.

I also saw the frankly pitiful sight of some poor bastard holding an enormous, creased and rather tired looking cardboard advert for UKIP on the street earlier. In the rain. Blocking half the pavement. He was so bored he couldn't even hold it up properly so the bottom end of the slogan or whatever wasn't even visible. It wouldn't have been so pitiful if it was a main road, but it was a quiet side road that might maybe get some significant audience at rush hour on a Friday but Saturday morning, if a car a minute went past he'd be doing well.

We keep getting phone calls from the Conservative party. I keep telling them to **** off, but they insist on wasting their phone bill money. Must be some sort of tax dodge or expenses fiddle. 

Conservatives still not bothering in my constituency, not one leaflet or poster to be seen. You'd swear I was living in a safe seat but last time they were 2nd 4,000 votes behind.

1 leaflet from Labour, 1 from the Lib Dem and 1 from our incumbent baby-eater (she is in the local 'free paper' about 5 times a week so it would appear unnecessary expenditure).

3 leaflets (shiny, glossy things, too) from the Greens. Hardly environmentally friendly - though, as they were replicas, I suppose that ticks the box of recycling.

Farage on the Andrew Marr show this morning saying he doesn't want to/won't join a coalition with anyone. Surely talking himself out of votes there? If a large amount of ukip voters are voting for them hoping to avoid a labour/snp coalition, then surely they want to see ukip and the Tories together (with whatever other party makes up the rest). If farage is saying he won't go into a coalition with anyone, isn't he basically asking people to waste their vote with him?

Farage will lose whatever appeal he has if he becomes part of the establishment (ignoring the fact that he already is part of the establishment).

He has nothing to gain by it. UKIP's role is to pressure the Tories into veering right, and they can do that from the backbenches.

Personally, I would have no problem with a referendum on EU membership.

I can see there being problems with who gets to word the question and what 'facts' we're allowed to have before voting though.

• Like 3

I dont know much about english politics, but according to Noel Gallagher Ed Miliband is a communist, is that true ?

I think Gallagher was just jumping on Sol Campbell's bandwagon tbh

If all the party's keep to their promises with regards to coalitions / agreements in the event of a hung parliament then we are heading for completely uncharted waters. We could be at this for some time to come. I see a constitutional crisis coming on

If all the party's keep to their promises with regards to coalitions / agreements in the event of a hung parliament then we are heading for completely uncharted waters. We could be at this for some time to come. I see a constitutional crisis coming on

I think the only one that hasn't been ruled out is Labour-Conservative. What are the chances...