The 2015 General Election

tonyh29

General Election 2015  

178 members have voted

1. 1. How will you vote at the general election on May 7th?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Regionally based party (SNP, Plaid, DUP, SF etc)
    • Local Independent Candidate
    • Other
    • Spoil Paper
    • Won't bother going to the polls

This poll is closed to new votes

X = not going to change it.

? = not addressed it yet/ unsure of what their opinion is.

surely Labours would have ? in every column for when they change it once they see a bandwagon to jump on

not a big believer in humanist marriages, its just a stupid contradiction

'yeah we want to be seen to do the right thing by god, but can we skip it out of the wording because we're modern and squeamish'

'yeah we want to be seen to do the right thing by god, but can we skip it out of the wording because we're modern and squeamish'

Do you see marriage as being solely a religious institution in the 21st century? 

surely Labours would have ? in every column for when they change it once they see a bandwagon to jump on

Beyond the primary focus of the table, it is quite interesting to see which parties might indulge in a spot of fashionable populist wobbling.

It would suggest whilst Labour are certainly capable of bandwagon hopping, they're not nearly as prone to it as you and the press owned by rich *****  like to suggest :)

Continuing with that line of reasoning, another conclusion that might be garnered is that UKIP are clueless.

• Like 2

What's people's view on the whole Millibrand thing then?

I thought the interview was interesting and I think EM deserves a bit of credit for doing it? Not sure on his strange attempts at being 'street' at times, but overall it wasn't a complete car crash imo.

The reaction from Cameron and the Tory press has been vitriolic and I'm not sure how much good that will do them come Election Day? It smacks of more elitist arrogance, but also I sense a bit of fear aswell.

Edited by wazzap24

We had a humanist wedding. Had nothing to do with doing the right thing (certainly not by god as we're both atheist) and everything to do with making a formal, but secular, commitment to eachother.

It was lovely :)

I may have been being slightly flippant!

I wasn't even sure what one was (the wedding ceremony bit, not humanists), so I looked it up on humanism.org - looks good, interesting it's already 'official' in Scotland, I'd presume it must only be a matter of time before it's equally recognised down south. 

• Like 1

I thought the interview was interesting and I think DM deserves a bit of credit for doing it? Not sure on his strange attempts at being 'street' at times, but overall it wasn't a complete car crash imo.

The reaction from Cameron and the Tory press has been vitriolic and I'm not sure how much good that will do them come Election Day? It smacks of more elitist arrogance, but also I sense a bit of fear aswell.

Wouldn't it have been better if his brother, Ed, had done it?

I thought the interview was interesting and I think DM deserves a bit of credit for doing it? Not sure on his strange attempts at being 'street' at times, but overall it wasn't a complete car crash imo.

Dunno what you mean

Smart move from Team Miliband. Even if he gets a few of Brand's followers to vote (mostly students, I imagine) it'll make a dent in Lib Dem seats.

There was a poll today suggesting that Labour may nick Clegg's seat, which may be a sign of things to come.

It may not win them a majority but a Lib Dem collapse would leave Tories with no options.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 1

I thought the interview was interesting and I think EM deserves a bit of credit for doing it? Not sure on his strange attempts at being 'street' at times, but overall it wasn't a complete car crash imo.

Its going to make or break him I think.

For me its a silly move to go meet someone who is encouraging people not to vote

Dunno what you mean

Who's DM?

edit : smileys didn't show on mobile. Ignore me. :)

Edited by darrenm

Brand and Miliband .... It's hardly Frost v Nixon is it

Didn't watch it but heard Ed came out of it better than Brand who was horribly exposed for his lack of knowledge

I'm not sure it will gain Ed much but I guess it was worth a punt

• Like 1

Its going to make or break him I think.

Make or break him? it will have very little impact either way and certainly not enough to swing the election. At best it will get a few younger voters to stick an x next to a Labour candidate. I'm actually struggling to think what negative impact it will have. If you were voting Labour this interview, on the slim chance you saw it, won't make you think twice.

The reaction in the right wing rags though was pitiful.

Edited by markavfc40

I wonder whether promising no tax rises for 5 years is like Cameron's immigration promise last time i.e. utter stupidity. How on Earth can you put it in law when you don't know what the economy will do in that time?

it's cruel

it's another way of saying:

people with money, don't worry you can keep it, if we need to look at finances (which we will), we will be cutting benefits and services from the shit at the bottom of the pile

• Like 3