The 2015 General Election

tonyh29

General Election 2015  

178 members have voted

1. 1. How will you vote at the general election on May 7th?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Regionally based party (SNP, Plaid, DUP, SF etc)
    • Local Independent Candidate
    • Other
    • Spoil Paper
    • Won't bother going to the polls

This poll is closed to new votes

Seems to be far too much fawning from the audience to Farage.

I fear a lot of what he has to say gets lost in the rhetoric but his comment about Africa was interesting and i'm off to look it up to see if it's true

For those not watching he said The EU imposed tariffs on African farm exports and European fishermen plunder all the socks out of African waters .... He seems to imply we rob them and then give them back small amounts in aid

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Well I'll wait for the labour supporters to tell me im wrong of course and how Ed stole the show , but that was a bit of a disaster for Ed all in all... Ok disaster may be a bit dramatic but I think he blew his chance tonight , depending of course on how many people actually watched . He was given a rough ride by the audience and he didn't look comfortable , more so when he tried to inject some humour , the dark room with Clegg was probably the only time he looked natural ... And that hand in the pocket thing he's been advised to do ... no , just no

Cameron seemed to be making a point of talking to the camera rather than the audience , he also tended to answer questions that weren't asked but he dealt with his "hostiles" fairly well even if he did come close to a Nixon moment with the sweaty face ... He possibly won't have converted any voters but he may have helped pick up some undecided... He did stick to a script a bit too much for my liking

Clegg I thought did the best of the 3 , his only real blip was his reply of "charming" to the moron who told him he'd be unemployed next week, he could have do with a more definitive put down but to be fair he isn't Frankie Boyle... He was honest with his replies amd most of them were good replies .He won't ever be PM but I do agree with him that we need him ( or his party at least) to keep the other 2 in check... Clegg did well last time around in the TV debates and it didn't materialise in votes so no idea if it will help this time around either

now its Nigel's turn....

Ed amused me him constantly asking the audience member's name if Dimbers didn't mention it in the preview, reminded me of someone propping up the bar at Flares at about 2am looking for some leftover scraps....

As I said before he isn't as bad as made out, I think he's looked pretty competant throughout the election campaign....but him as PM for the next 5 years, not for me. There is better in the Labour party.

Edited by VillaChris

you'll have to forgive me, I zoned out for a while

did Ed really say he'd rather not be PM than have to even talk to the SNP

if that is true that is spectacularly stupid / arrogant / naive / bizarre

For those not watching he said The EU imposed tariffs on African farm exports and European fishermen plunder all the socks out of African waters .... He seems to imply we rob them and then give them back small amounts in aid

And is Mr Farage proposing anything else?

you'll have to forgive me, I zoned out for a while

did Ed really say he'd rather not be PM than have to even talk to the SNP

if that is true that is spectacularly stupid / arrogant / naive / bizarre

Yep the Tories have played him on this one relentlessly and he took the bait .... To rub it in Sturgeon has already told the people of Scotchland that Ed has said he would rather Cameron was PM than work with the SNP

did Ed really say he'll means test winter fuel allowance but not child benefit? Depends where he sets the level I suppose. but it must be more than about £80,000 per year otherwise you could get pensioners on 80k not getting £150 a year but other people getting about  with similar incomes getting about £1500 a year 

I'm not sure what the question is here or more why you are asking me ...... all I said was I was off to look up if his claims were true

I'm not sure what the question is here or more why you are asking me ...... all I said was I was off to look up if his claims were true

No probs. I'm not putting you forward as farridge's mouthpiece. :)

It's just the point that his 'out of EU' position to everything may actually run counter to a lot of the political positions that he may actually take.

Could we get another election with new leaders of the parties within a few months ?

Let's say that Cameron wins the most seats but no majority SNP and labour vote together and remove him ... Labour then have a shot at forming a government but refuse to work with the SNP as Ed had clearly stated .... so the SNP abstain and Labour then lose the vote

Do we have another election ? Presumably with new leaders of the main parties

Looks like Welsh Labour have just confirmed that the 'no talking to SNP' also goes for the significantly smaller Plaid as well. Should Plaid get the 2, 3 or 4 seats that could edge a Labour lead coalition over the line and in to power they would not talk to them about any form of coalition, deal or agreement.

That's either a dumb lie or a desire for the easy life on the salary of leader of the opposition (£140,000 plus expenses).

No probs. I'm not putting you forward as farridge's mouthpiece. :)

It's just the point that his 'out of EU' position to everything may actually run counter to a lot of the political positions that he may actually take.

It seems there is a hint of truth in what Nigel was saying

As to your other point I suspect you are right his argument will be lets get out of Europe and do trade deals with Africa

Farage was the typical politician. At the start of the show he said that we could leave the EU and still sell them a million cars as it would be illegal, against international law, to hit us with penalty tariffs. Then when referencing Africa, he said it was unfair that their goods faced massive tariffs to get into the EU.

Looks like Welsh Labour have just confirmed that the 'no talking to SNP' also goes for the significantly smaller Plaid as well. Should Plaid get the 2, 3 or 4 seats that could edge a Labour lead coalition over the line and in to power they would not talk to them about any form of coalition, deal or agreement.

That's either a dumb lie or a desire for the easy life on the salary of leader of the opposition (£140,000 plus expenses).

This week seem to be saying that labour can offer the SNP nothing at all as they have already laid their cards on the table and said they wouldn't vote with the Tories on anything and they also wouldn't vote to bring down a labour government

Portillo thinks Miliband will be PM but with fewer seats than the Tories ... The SNP block vote will carry him home

I don't see that lasting 5 years!

Yes they just played the clip back, no deal, no coalition. I'm sure he's gutted, but I think that's me out of any tactical voting game, I'll stick to my morals and principles and vote for the guy that just got me a Super Furries ticket for tomorrow night.

Edited by chrisp65

Having watched most of it, I'm still firmly in Monty Brewster's corner. I know it'll have to change at some point in the next week or so but really, if those three are the best this country can offer, it really is a sorry state of affairs.

• Like 2