New manager

reykjavik

I think we think to long term - all this cobblers about 5 years plans, DOF, CCO etc - Right now we need a bloke who kick the players up the backside - get a reaction - and get us over the line......If next season the ass kicker of manager starts to flounder - address it then.

We seems to be paralysed in these long term strategies - as of 11/02/2014 there is a management problem at villa - get off the fence address it now

Yep, but no-one is going to come thinking they are just a short term fix. 

The fact is we need a short term fix. An Italian manager would be used to shorter terms contracts though, 2 year deal or 1 year rolling. They would also be used to working with a DOF. We need a quick appointment who will bring a good assistant and coaches with them.

Tuchel? Prandelli? Laudrup? 

Are any of these gettable? First two not working still last I heard so could be quick appointments if given a serious offer.

Tuchel has said he is waiting until the Summer before getting back into football. I'd be amazed if that wasn't the reason why Newcastle have waited.

I would look to get in Sherwood till the end of the season with a tidy bonus if he keeps us up.

then start fresh in the Summer, ideally someone like Laudrup, but would he really come to us with the position we are in?

at least with Sherwood if we do get relegated then "the damage was already done" and it doesnt harm any future jobs. if he keeps us up then it just raises his stock.

So we have to sack Lambert, employ Sherwood, give him a bonus if we stay up and then get Laudrup in......do you not realise just how much that would cost?.......if only we'd spent that much in the last transfer window we may have been in a slightly better position now!

I agree its not ideal, but it would still cost a lot less than if we were to get relegated, especially with the new TV deal,

with the money premier league teams get from (I think) next season................. we simply cannot afford to get relegated.

That would be great if you could guarantee it...but you cant and thats the reason that it wont happen IMO.....as much as I dislike Pulis, I think he was the one who could have got us out of the mire. Alas, its too late now!

Yeah in an ideal world Lambert woud have gone a long time ago.

we have got to the point now where we do need to make rash decisions, we cant guarantee that changing the manager will ensure survival, but something has to change.... Lambert is only taking us one way.

• Like 2

I think we think to long term - all this cobblers about 5 years plans, DOF, CCO etc - Right now we need a bloke who kick the players up the backside - get a reaction - and get us over the line......If next season the ass kicker of manager starts to flounder - address it then.

We seems to be paralysed in these long term strategies - as of 11/02/2014 there is a management problem at villa - get off the fence address it now

Yep, but no-one is going to come thinking they are just a short term fix. 

The fact is we need a short term fix. An Italian manager would be used to shorter terms contracts though, 2 year deal or 1 year rolling. They would also be used to working with a DOF. We need a quick appointment who will bring a good assistant and coaches with them.

Of course not - they come with a big bonus if they keep us up

I would look to get in Sherwood till the end of the season with a tidy bonus if he keeps us up.

then start fresh in the Summer, ideally someone like Laudrup, but would he really come to us with the position we are in?

at least with Sherwood if we do get relegated then "the damage was already done" and it doesnt harm any future jobs. if he keeps us up then it just raises his stock.

So we have to sack Lambert, employ Sherwood, give him a bonus if we stay up and then get Laudrup in......do you not realise just how much that would cost?.......if only we'd spent that much in the last transfer window we may have been in a slightly better position now!

I agree its not ideal, but it would still cost a lot less than if we were to get relegated, especially with the new TV deal,

with the money premier league teams get from (I think) next season................. we simply cannot afford to get relegated.

That would be great if you could guarantee it...but you cant and thats the reason that it wont happen IMO.....as much as I dislike Pulis, I think he was the one who could have got us out of the mire. Alas, its too late now!

Yeah in an ideal world Lambert woud have gone a long time ago.

we have got to the point now where we do need to make rash decisions, we cant guarantee that changing the manager will ensure survival, but something has to change.... Lambert is only taking us one way.

I agree. Ithink we need a good tactician to assist Lambert.....for me that would be Glenn Hoddle on a short term contract. No matter how you feel about Hoddle, he is a very good tactician IMO. As manager, No, as assistant, its a yes from me!

I want to give Lambert one positive. He does actually play 'attacking' players. Last night we had Gabby/Weimann/Sinclair/Gil on the pitch. He always refers to this when people question him on the apparent 'negative' approach. 

The sort of manager I think we really need is an old-fashioned 'drill'-type. Like Hodgson (obviously he wouldnt come..but someone similar). Our players aren't very intelligent so we need a manager who will heavily train on specific attacking moves, specific defensive moves and most importantly...SET PIECES!!

We need a monster personality to unite the club maybe Bilic is the man but I look at 2 European examples of clubs of similar size and pedigree to what we should aim to be who were going nowhere until they got 2 huge personalities in charge to lift the club. They are Dortmund and Atletico

• Like 1

What in the **** is so good about Tim Sherwood??? He takes over a side who spent something like £105m on players and gets them to finish 6th, wow what an achievement. He also proved to be pretty mentally unstable that season, consistently doing bizarre things on the touchline and in interviews. He looks like a very erratic individual completely lacking in composure and temperament. 

He'd be a disastrous appointment. 

What in the **** is so good about Tim Sherwood??? He takes over a side who spent something like £105m on players and gets them to finish 6th, wow what an achievement. He also proved to be pretty mentally unstable that season, consistently doing bizarre things on the touchline and in interviews. He looks like a very erratic individual completely lacking in composure and temperament. 

He'd be a disastrous appointment. 

There's nothing "so good" about him, just like there's nothing "disastrous" about him