What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

.. and talking about solos , listen to this one:

Maggot Brain-Funkadelic.. Warning , do NOT listen to it stoned , you may lose your mind permanently.. Its total mind***k.. One of the Solos in my top 5 solo list...brilliant...

Aye , my sympathies with ya mate.. I have also faced the same shit in other forums , the lone crusader against the Rap/Hiphop/Dance plague that has affected the younger generation.. A fellow fan is rare , you are welcome mate!

Wishbone Ash's Argus was their best piece of work , musically diverse and showcasing the shredding skills of their twin lead's. Amazingly talented musicians , pity they are not as famous as they deserve to be...

Ok , a question for you(and other fans of classic rock/metal/punk/Alt , basically anything till the mid nineties , after that the infestation of 'nu-metal destroyed the rock/metal scene, so thats excluded). Just to have a general idea about what you like , etc etc

Say , you were picked as a contestant in some reality show , the show being about the contestant spending a year in an uninhabited island with no other people around and a small cottage with all the basic needs addressed.

Before starting this year in isolation , you are given a choice.The choice is that you can take all the albums/singles of 15 Bands you like the most , courtesy of the producer.Since its one year in solitude without human contact , what bands/artists you would choose and a couple of sentences stating the reason for the selection.

I will post my list but I want some of you guys to do it first ;)

(Btw , I am stoned to my eyeballs as I am typing this and listening to 'Purple Rain' by Prince) 8)

Maggot Brain-Funkadelic.. Warning , do NOT listen to it stoned , you may lose your mind permanently.. Its total mind***k.. One of the Solos in my top 5 solo list...brilliant...

Aye , my sympathies with ya mate.. I have also faced the same shit in other forums , the lone crusader against the Rap/Hiphop/Dance plague that has affected the younger generation.. A fellow fan is rare , you are welcome mate!

Wishbone Ash's Argus was their best piece of work , musically diverse and showcasing the shredding skills of their twin lead's. Amazingly talented musicians , pity they are not as famous as they deserve to be...

Ok , a question for you(and other fans of classic rock/metal/punk/Alt , basically anything till the mid nineties , after that the infestation of 'nu-metal destroyed the rock/metal scene, so thats excluded). Just to have a general idea about what you like , etc etc

Say , you were picked as a contestant in some reality show , the show being about the contestant spending a year in an uninhabited island with no other people around and a small cottage with all the basic needs addressed.

Before starting this year in isolation , you are given a choice.The choice is that you can take all the albums/singles of 15 Bands you like the most , courtesy of the producer.Since its one year in solitude without human contact , what bands/artists you would choose and a couple of sentences stating the reason for the selection.

(Btw , I am stoned to my eyeballs as I am typing this and listening to 'Purple Rain' by Prince) 8)

Clearly, as you replied to yourself, when I think you were trying to reply to me! :D

Must admit I was surprised that you were a young Indian guy, rather than a grumpy old English bloke like me, but more power to ya.

Desert Island Discs, though?

Well, we've done a few threads like that before - I was thinking of starting another myself, but along the exact lines of the actual radio program, where you pick eight "pieces of music" (naming one of them as the "main" one), one book, and one non-practical "luxury item". And you have to discuss each one, with some explanation of its significance in your life, and why you chose it.

I've thought about it often, and of course it's impossible - ANY eight tunes would pall after a while, but it's really an excuse to talk about your life.

If I had to do it I'd be torn between pop and classical lists anyway.

Will have to give it some thought, then I might start another thread.

Clearly, as you replied to yourself, when I think you were trying to reply to me! :D

Must admit I was surprised that you were a young Indian guy, rather than a grumpy old English bloke like me, but more power to ya.

Desert Island Discs, though?

Well, we've done a few threads like that before - I was thinking of starting another myself, but along the exact lines of the actual radio program, where you pick eight "pieces of music" (naming one of them as the "main" one), one book, and one non-practical "luxury item". And you have to discuss each one, with some explanation of its significance in your life, and why you chose it.

I've thought about it often, and of course it's impossible - ANY eight tunes would pall after a while, but it's really an excuse to talk about your life.

If I had to do it I'd be torn between pop and classical lists anyway.

Will have to give it some thought, then I might start another thread.

hehe, yeah... f*** me , I didn't realize i quoted myself... Yeah , not that young , I am 25 :winkold: and my mum is Spanish and introduced me to my first ever rock song when I was 10....

Don't fear the reaper-Blue oyster cult... I was hooked.. The rest is history ,as they say :D

Â