What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Thin Lizzy - Roisin Dubh (Black Rose) - A Rock Legend

Love Phil Lynott.. One of the most underrated rock vocalist..Their version of Whiskey in the Jar pisses all over the Metallica cover.

The best lineup of Lizzy, too - Eric Bell doing his Jeff Beck tributes was way better than the much-vaunted twin guitars of the later lineups, IMHO. Check out the solo on the B-side of the "WitJ" single, "Black Boys on the Corner".

Love Phil Lynott.. One of the most underrated rock vocalist..Their version of Whiskey in the Jar pisses all over the Metallica cover.

The best lineup of Lizzy, too - Eric Bell doing his Jeff Beck tributes was way better than the much-vaunted twin guitars of the later lineups, IMHO. Check out the solo on the B-side of the "WitJ" single, "Black Boys on the Corner".

Aye , that is brilliant , proper Rock n Roll as it should be. I don't listen to the tripe they churn out these days-These 'Modern Rock' bands

The Twin Lead guitar sparring style was best done by Wishbone Ash , technically impeccable. Another band which is very underrated and relatively unknown in 'classic rock/metal' circles.

Scorpions also used it on occasionally, I remember their live album 'Acoustica' played inside a Monastery/Temple. They had three acoustic guitars , two on lead and one on rhythm.

The Eagles in their 'hell freezes over' album , used something like 5 or 6 guitarists in the acoustic interpretation of hotel california :shock: .

70's was a great period of genuinely great Rock masterpieces...

Aye , that is brilliant , proper Rock n Roll as it should be. I don't listen to the tripe they churn out these days-These 'Modern Rock' bands

The Twin Lead guitar sparring style was best done by Wishbone Ash , technically impeccable. Another band which is very underrated and relatively unknown in 'classic rock/metal' circles.

Scorpions also used it on occasionally, I remember their live album 'Acoustica' played inside a Monastery/Temple. They had three acoustic guitars , two on lead and one on rhythm.

The Eagles in their 'hell freezes over' album , used something like 5 or 6 guitarists in the acoustic interpretation of hotel california :shock: .

70's was a great period of genuinely great Rock masterpieces...

Welcome to VT MrWeedMcGrass, I don't feel so alone among all these dance/hip-hop/rap fans now!

Agree about Wishbone Ash, BTW. I had to smile when I read this Amazon customer review of "Argus":

"Last summer my band and i were practicing at our guitarist's house, working on a new song i had written with a duel guitar riff, when his mother came in and commented on how much it sounded like Wishbone Ash. Who? Wishbone Ash. Being only 15 at the time i had not heard of them, and so she lent me Argus. Immediately after hearing it I got myself a copy and have since found it difficult to find an album that betters it. From the superb opening of 'Time Was' I was hooked. An album of consistency on every track; brilliant vocals, outstanding guitars, great drumming and some fantasic bass playing (check out 'Sometime World' to see what i mean".

:thumb:

Â