• Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Clark motm, closely followed by Hutton.

Some of the same problems as normal. Good work ruined by not being able to keep the ball and a general lack of composure.

Wiemann the scapegoat this week. He was poor and missed a great chance but Southampton missed chances too. As for their goal that's what happens when you ask centre forwards to play as wingers in a team that sits back and defend

Pretty sure this "glad we got a point" phrase is becoming dangerous. It's tantamount to accepting relegation.

Bollocks

How is it bollocks?

We haven't won a match since the 13th September.

We're a massive club floating near relegation - THAT is bollocks.

Surely it depends on the circumstances. "Glad we got a point" versus Burnley would be unacceptable. "Glad we got a point" about the team second in the league who are noted for their fast, free-flowing, high-scoring football is, I think, absolutely reasonable. You're right that we shouldn't let complacency set it, but a draw today is probably the best we could have realistically hoped for and a lot more than most expected.

36% Possession & 1 Shot on target says it all again.

I though it was bad, but that does not say it all in the least. 

Really? I think you will find we won't win many games if we keep turning out those kind of stats every week pal

A typical dull, lifeless, antifootball performance littered with schoolboy errors and thick decision making but at least a point was something against a fair but overrated team. In fairness what do we expect with Vlaar, Senderos, Delph, Benteke & Kozack/Baker missing? That's pretty much the entire spine of our team missing AGAIN!! 

Overall an exercise designed to avoid defeat and keep us hanging in there until our best players come back in so it was never gonna be pretty.

As for Nzogbia?! He needs to learn how to control a football.

I don't want to call us lucky, so I'll settle for fortunate.  One shot on target which was a result of a huge mistake from their keeper, hardly had any of the ball, created few chances, it's oh so depressingly familiar.  At the moment we only pick up points when we get the rub of the green.   Okore played well, Gabby turned up too which was nice to see but the lack of quality in this team is painfully obvious.  Lowest home gate for more than 15 years and I think those of us who stayed at home don't feel like we missed much. Speaks volumes about the Lerner regime. 

Pretty sure this "glad we got a point" phrase is becoming dangerous. It's tantamount to accepting relegation.

Bollocks

How is it bollocks?

Surely it depends on the circumstances. "Glad we got a point" versus Burnley would be unacceptable. "Glad we got a point" about the team second in the league who are noted for their fast, free-flowing, high-scoring football is, I think, absolutely reasonable. You're right that we shouldn't let complacency set it, but a draw today is probably the best we could have realistically hoped for and a lot more than most expected.

The only reason they are second in the league is because they have the complete opposite run as us.

We had a run of very hard games - Saints on the other hand have been playing Leicester and other "whatever" clubs.

"Glad we got a point" results in the following: http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/form-guide.html

Yes that's right... we're STILL at the bottom.

I'm placing my bet on relegation now.

36% Possession & 1 Shot on target says it all again.

I though it was bad, but that does not say it all in the least. 

Really? I think you will find we won't win many games if we keep turning out those kind of stats every week pal

I did not say we would, buddy, but two stats do not tell the whole story. Ever. People's reliance on those two stats in particular to "prove" a point is ridiculous. 

I am happy with a point. Exciting end to the game. Weimann and Agbonlahor had the two moments that lost us the game. Don't know why Sanchez went off, but it must have been necessary, so this happens. Good game.

Bollocks

How is it bollocks?

How does that have any relevance to your original post?

Your saying if I am happy with a point its the same as me accepting relegation.

That, my friend, is bollocks.

Our problem is in attack. We have no edge and can't hold the ball up. That makes the midfield look weak. That and Shancez wrong passes. If we had Bemteke or Kozak on the field we would look much stronger. And our confidence is at a all time low after the run we had. I am still in the optimistic camp. And happy enough with a point tonight, I actually blame Bentekes red card of our lack of points against Spurs, WH and Southampton.

Edited by David-Copenhagen

Â