January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

I still think there will be some movement before deadline day. I think we will swap Delph with someone at Spurs or Liverpool and possibly reach an agreement with MCFC over Sinclair. We could also use Vlaar to swap a player with in an area that we are weaker than defence - wide midfield/central mid/attacking mid. 

I think there will be movement but not on that scale.

Vlaar will stay till the summer

Delph may go and we may get one in.

Yeah it's that easy. Wot if ManU won't deal with us if we terminate the cleverly loan instead of buying him. There's more than one side to a loan deal. In fact there are 3!!

No one said it was easy I'm just stating what I'd prefer. I didn't realise this was the state facts only thread!! I also mentioned that Everton wanted him and by all accounts they were his first choice so if they still do I'm sure an arrangement could be sorted as I doubt we will sign him in the summer. He has been crap for us since Everton away where I thought he was our best player I don't think he's played CM since!! but saying that Bertrand went from good to bad last year also but now looks quality again. Imwonder what the running theme is!!

I doubt we're paying anywhere near £60/70k p/w for Cleverley's wages. Surely we wouldn't/couldn't pay that?

Yeah same thought - we are paying cleverley 60/70k but not willing to pay the reported 60k for Delph. Sorry but not having it. Man U will probably be paying some of his wages.

i read somewhere that Cleverley is on his original Man Utd contract around 35k

I still think there will be some movement before deadline day. I think we will swap Delph with someone at Spurs or Liverpool and possibly reach an agreement with MCFC over Sinclair. We could also use Vlaar to swap a player with in an area that we are weaker than defence - wide midfield/central mid/attacking mid.

I think there will be movement but not on that scale.

Vlaar will stay till the summer

Delph may go and we may get one in.

Vlaar's injury has scuppered any chance of a move this window and I don't think he'll end up at a top English club in the summer. He'll move abroad most likely, but there's still a chance he may sign a new contract here IMO.

Pretty desperate in all honesty

Sad states of affairs when likes of Palace can out spend us.

Gil will help but if other teams near us improve which looks like they will , we are going to be in big trouble.

Here's why the likes of Leicester and Palace can outspend us:

Their core when promoted was Championship players, on Championship wages, bought for Championship fees. They survived in the Championship with their income from that. They suddently come into the Premier League and they've got all this TV money coming into their coffers. That money is all profit that can be spent.

We, on the other hand, have big wages, and Premier League associated expenses. We have no wiggle room. They have lots and lots of wiggle room

So why don't they out spend most teams? Why does it seem we're the only one? I think its more to do with Lerner not giving a shit and waiting for a sale rather than us trying to be as competitive as we can under FFP rules.
I don't understand what you're asking here
You've explained why championship clubs can spend a decent amount but why do we seem to be the only established premier league team that can't compete? I don't believe our lack of spending is down to FFP.

We've actually put more money into transfers then half the league in net terms (this is where net counts, not in any other scenario)

Has Cleverly's loan deal now expired?

no, for some reason i think that you can only sign season long loans in the prem (obviously in jan its for the rest of the season)

in the football league i think you can do 1 month, 3 month, 6 month and season long loans

Borini priced himself out of a move to Sunderland in the Summer because he was asking for too much in wages. Plus he's been getting a few games for Liverpool recently. We probably couldn't afford the wages of the others either.

Has Cleverly's loan deal now expired?

no, for some reason i think that you can only sign season long loans in the prem (obviously in jan its for the rest of the season)

in the football league i think you can do 1 month, 3 month, 6 month and season long loans

Long term loans are classed as loans between transfer windows. It could end in Jan but I thought it was a season long loan with an option to recall in Jan. There's no chance of that unless they are selling him elsewhere.